This comprehensive Vatican tour takes you deep into the Musuems with an expert guide to show you the best of the collection at a relaxed pace.
Visiting the Vatican Museums is a huge job. With 4 miles of art and lines that stretch for hours, you could easily lose a day here and still leave feeling like you didn't really see it. Here, more than anywhere in the world, we recommend that you take a guided tour. Besides from benefitting from Skip the Line tickets at both the Vatican Museums entrance and St. Peter's Basilica; you'll get a carefully-planned itinerary and an expert guide, to tell you what exactly you're looking at.
On this Complete Vatican Tour, you’ll be treated to a comprehensive view of these huge galleries. In 3.5 hours you'll see a king's ransom of religious and secular treasures - from the most influential Ancient Greek & Roman sculptures, to incredible medieval tapestries and Renaissance masterpieces.
Start your tour the Vatican Museums where the carefully traced out an itinerary takes you past the most famous rooms and treasured artifacts, including the ancient sculpture that inspired Michelangelo's depiction of God in the Sistine Chapel (the Belvedere Torso), the mythical Greek sculpture Laocoön & His Sons, the mind-boggling Gallery of the Maps (so impressive when you consider that cartographers at the time had so little to work with), the Gallery of the Tapestries, and, of course, The Raphael Rooms - considered by many to be every inch as beautiful as the Sistine Chapel.
The highlight of Tour is, of course, the Sistine Chapel, where Michelangelo's towering frescoes threaten to overwhelm most visitors. Learn about the history behind them from your expert guide and pick out details that others will miss.
After the Museums you'll take the special, group-only entrance into St. Peter's (no waiting in lines) for a full tour of Christendom's most awe-inspiring basilica. From Bernini's towering baldachin to Michelangelo's pierless Pietá, your guide will give you the inside scoop on the art and architecture that make the church such a wonder, while also telling you the 120-year story of its construction.
With skip the line access, small groups, and some of the best guides in Rome, go beyond just seeing the Vatican, and explore its most interesting corners. You’ll decode the art, architecture, and history that make it one of the city's top attractions.
- Tour duration: 3.5 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Handbags and small backpacks (no larger than 40cm x 35cm x 25cm) may be carried in Vatican Museums
- Please be informed that the use of selfie sticks is strictly forbidden inside the Vatican Museums, along with flash photography. However, visitors are allowed to take non-flash photographs anywhere besides the Sistine Chapel.
- Visitors are advised to dress appropriately during the visit to the Vatican. The general rule is to ensure that shoulders and knees are covered - that applies to both men and women
- Visitors are advised to wear trousers or a long skirt as shorts of any length are now allowed at all in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Kindly note that hats are also not allowed in the Vatican
- The tour operator will not be held responsible for guests who are refused entrance due to inappropriate dress so please remember to cover up
Tour departs at 09:45 hrs or 13:30 hrs
What You Get
- Skip the Line Access tickets to the Vatican Museums
- Skip the Line Access to St. peter's Basilica
- Expert tour guide
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point.