Indulge yourself in a day trip to the Amalfi Coast from Rome and experience Italy’s most beautiful stretch of coastline
Step off the well-trodden tourist path on the Amalfi Coast and see it from a whole new perspective - the water. This day trip from Rome gives you the best views of both the dramatic coastline and the beautiful towns of the Amalfi Coast, with an innovative mix of car and boat travel. Don't worry though, there's still plenty of time left for walking.
Your day starts early in Termini train station, where you'll meet your expert guide and catch the train to Naples. From there you'll board a private, air-conditioned minibus for one of the day's first highlights. The drive along the Bay of Naples to Positano is absolutely beautiful (and not accessible to larger buses!) so be sure to grab a window seat.
In Positano town your guide will give you a short intro tour and then leave you to explore the town on your own. Shop in the fashionable boutiques, enjoy a lunch of fresh, local seafood, and maybe even take a quick dip in the sea.
When you reconvene, you'll board a small boat for a lovely ride down the coast, passing jewel-box towns clinging to high cliffs. Few non-locals ever see the Amalfi Coast from this vantage point so don't forget to take plenty of pictures.
You'll disembark in Amalfi Town and follow your guide up a steep hill. It's a tough climb but well worth it, as you end up at a spectacular lemon grove overlooking the sea. Here you'll sit among the lemon trees and sample locally-made limoncello, along with some other homemade treats like lemon cookies or cake.
After some more free time to explore Amalfi Town you'll hop on another boat for a lovely ride to Salerno where you'll catch your train back to Rome. You should arrive back in the city by 8:40pm, just in time for dinner.
- Tour duration: 13.5 hours
- Visitors under 2 years of age may participate in this tour free
- Tours run rain or shine so please dress for the elements. Visitors are advised to bring along hats and sunscreen when participating in this tour during summer
- Visitors are advised to bring along swimwear as water activities are being planned for this tour
- Swimming is permitted at the beach, but the changing facilities cost 50 cents to use
- If sea conditions don’t permit comfortable boating, you will move between towns in a private, air-conditioned transport car/van
- There are approximately 180-200 steps to climb in order to reach the lemon grove for the limoncello tasting (you can opt for free time in Amalfi town instead). If weather conditions don’t permit the visit, limoncello tasting will be done at Amalfi Town instead
Tour departs at 07:15 hrs
*Kindly note that the tour departure time is subjected to change; any alternative arrangements will be communicated via email
What You Get
- Private transport (with air-con)
- Boat tickets
- Limoncello tasting
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.
How to Get There
Kindly refer to your booking confirmation for instructions and directions to the meeting point