Peddling through traditional villages and around serene ancient temples; this is today’s cultural immersion adventure on bikes. Rendez-vous with your local guide near Prambanan temple, then set off on bikes, passing through small paths in the village where you can meet local people going about their daily activities. Stop in the rice fields, market and home industry to interact with local people, get to know more about their lives through some light conversation. Exchanging is the real experience during this trip!
The landscape around the village where the temple is built will take you on a journey to the past, in the mid of 9th century when Buddhism was in its heyday as the first major religion in the island. Plaosan temple is a Buddhist monument located about 1 kilometre northwest of the Hindu Prambanan temple. It features hundreds of small buildings, including numerous stupas and shrines.
- UNESCO- Intangible World Heritage
- Dedicated guide with good knowledge in art, history and culture
- Get in touch with local people
- Sporting activity whilst sightseeing
What you will do
- Meet near Prambanan temple, where your local guide and your bike will be waiting. Start the bike trip through the villages, rice fields and the temples and enjoy the fresh air. On the road you are invited to pause in the rice fields, and explore the local “tempe” home industry (tempe is a traditional soybean cake made by a process of fermentation). You will also get to see an authentic local market and visit an “emping” home industry (snack crackers made of melinjo nuts).
- Finish the bike trip around lunch time. (lunch not included)
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.