A province in Yogyakarta, Gunung Kidul is home to many natural wonders and attractions, such as beaches, mountains and caves. “Kalisuci Cave” and “Jomblang Cave” are especially popular, due to their untouched beauty and their convenient location just 52 km from Yogyakarta. Kalisuci has a river flowing underneath the cave, making this a perfect spot to do some body rafting and tubing. The river has a smooth and calm stream, as well as beautiful surroundings and environmental wonders that will take your breath away. Jomblang cave is a spectacular vertical chasm, which plunges deep into the earth and promises to send your adrenaline through the roof. Try abseiling down about 50 meters down into its depths, where you can see the “heaven light”; an ethereal natural beam created when the sun’s rays filter through from the cave up above.
- A great spot, very exotic place with nice view
- Dedicated guide with good knowledge in nature
- Get in touch with local people
- Sport activities
What you will do
- Depart in the morning at 07:30, to arrive at Jomblang Cave, which is 90 minutes’ drive from Yogyakarta. The best time to see the Heaven Light is from 10 am to 11:30 am. You will need to get strapped up in all the proper safety equipment before entering the mouth of the cave, which is 25 metres in diameter and drops 50 metres straight down. Once you arrive at the bottom of the cave, you will need to wait for the rest of the group before following the trail to the tunnel. At the end of the tunnel, you will be mesmerized by the rays of sunlight pouring through the roof of the cave!
- After Jomblang cave, continue to the basecamp for tubing at Kalisuci river, meet and greet with your local guide, assigned to lead you in the tubing. Enjoy the ambiance, the stunning views and the sounds of the nature. While in the area, you can also enjoy some swimming and caving, or try free jumping in some areas that are safe to jump from. All this action and adventure will surely leave a lasting impression on you, along with many extraordinary memories of your vacation in Gunung Kidul.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.