An introduction to a practical understanding of what is known as the “Kejawen” worldview and philosophy. Kejawen is not strictly a religious affiliation, but more a set of ethical and spiritual values coming from Javanese tradition, based on an understanding of what it means to be a human being and how to interact with nature and the wider universe in a wise manner. Alongside an expert on this subject, you will learn in a fun way whilst receiving an in-depth explanation of this fascinating ideology.
This is a unique way to delve deeper into the beautiful island of Java, where you will explore the temples, historical places and natural settings, in the context of meditative practices and deeper appreciation of your surroundings. We will take you travelling from one site to another, with different activities prepared at each site, such as meditation, purification in a natural hot spring, and pilgrimage. In addition to an expert in Javanese wisdom, you will be accompanied by a local Shaman who will guide you through the authentic rituals, giving you an immersive experience of these ancient cultural practices, unique to the island of Java.
A journey that is rich in local values, culture and history.
- Get in touch with local people
- Learn from an expert on Javanese culture
- Visit some unusual destinations, off the beaten track
What you will do
- Pick up at your hotel after lunch time, around 13:00. First trip is heading directly to Imogiri, a royal graveyard built up on a hill in the south of Jogjakarta between 1632-1640. This site is a significant place of pilgrimage for Javanese people, particularly on significant dates in the Javanese calender, such as Satu Suro, which is the Javanese New Year’s Day. You will be dressed up in traditional Javanese style…
- Afterwards, continue to the next experience, which be held around the famous beach in the south of Jogjakarta; Parangtritis. The first step will be purification by taking a bath in a holy wellspring, followed by a short walk to the beach at sunset to engage in blissful meditation with our experts.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.