Prambanan is not only awesome for the temple itself, but also the communities that live in the surrounding area.
First, you will be visiting the trinity temples Shiwa, Whisnu and Bhrahma in the main complex, then continue to the Sewu temple located still in the same complex, but it is more quiet as it attracts fewer visitors. After the visit, an ox cart will be waiting outside the temple to bring you for a walk until Bugisan village, where the community is waiting to welcome you with some activities such as brewing traditional jamu herbal drinks, gamelan performance and “emping” cracker making. Along the way to this village, you will pass the Plaosan temple, built in the middle of scenic rice fields.
At the end of the tour, your guide will drive you to a local restaurant - Abhayagiri – where you can enjoy a stunning view of the temples during your diner.
- Dedicated guide with extensive local knowledge
- Visit a UNESCO World heritage site
- Get in touch with local people
- Take a tour of a village and see the local crafts
- Experience a rustic journey on a traditional Ox cart
What you will do
- After pick up at the hotel, your guide will take you to Prambanan to discover this massive Hindu temple built during the Mataram Kingdom during the 8th century. Our guide will take you back in time, to an era when the King still reigned over the island. To complete this flashback to ancient times, you will take an ox cart as your vehicle to go around the village near the temple. Welcomed warmly by the local people, you will enjoy a moment of unforgettable laughing, dancing and eating with them.
- Afterwards, enjoy a dinner with a view to the temples from up on a hill, in local restaurant named “Abhaya Giri”, before going back to the hotel.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.