Soak up the rich culture and heritage of Bintan island with this day tour that covers the must-visit sites of South Bintan. Start the day at the surreal settings of Vihara Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva (500 Lohan Temple), home to over 500 life-like stone statues of arhats and other intricately carved structures.
Next, board the pompong (water taxi) at the jetty of Tanjung Pinang and head towards Pulau Penyengat. Known as the abode of the kings, this off-shore island was the seat of power during the last phase of the Malay Kingdom. Visit historical sites such as the palace ruins and royal mausoleums, all adorned in hues of yellow and green. Continue on to Senggarang Village, said to be the first settlement for Chinese immigrants hundreds of years ago. Popular pilgrimage sites, the centuries-old Banyan Tree Temple as well as the complex of Lau Ya Keng are situated here.
Return back to the mainland of Tanjung Pinang for a sumptuous seafood lunch and witness first-hand the daily action of locals in this bustling trading port. Along the way, stop by the Tanjung Pinang wet markets for an eye-opening experience of Bintan’s produce and fresh catch. Then head to the traditional market to stock up on affordable dried seafood and various types of local snacks including kerupuk (prawn/fish flavored crackers). For a complete and satisfying retail experience, visit Tanjung Pinang City Center, the island’s biggest mall which features a huge supermarket and a two-storey departmental store.
- 09:00am - Pick-up from Hotel
- 10:00am - Arrive at 500 Lohan Temple
- 11:00am - Arrive Tanjung Pinang and transfer to Pulau Penyengat by water taxi
- 12:00pm - Transfer to Senggarang island by water taxi, visit 200 year old temple in a Banyan tree
- 01:00pm - Transfer to Tanjung Pinang by water taxi for local lunch
- 02:30pm - Tour Tanjung Pinang town, Fruit Market and shop at Tanjung Pinang City Centre Mall
- 04:00pm - Transfer back to Hotel
- 05:00pm - Arrive at Hotel
Local Seafood Lunch Menu (subject to changes):
- Tofu & Vegetables Soup
- Sweet & Sour Fish
- Garlic Chicken
- Flower Crab
- Steamed Rice
- Seasonal Fruits
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.