Visit Karangasem Palace (Puri Agung Karangasem), Sukasada Park, Sebetan village and Tirta Gangga
After hotel pickup in the morning, drive eastward by comfortable coach toward the Karangasem region of Bali to visit Karangasem Palace (Puri Agung Karangasem). Built in the 19th century by Anak Agung Gede Jelantik—the area's first king—the palace is a showcase for unique architecture, which combines Balinese, Chinese and European designs.
Your guide will enlighten you about the kingdom and Bali’s historical relations with the Dutch before leaving the royal palace. Head east to visit the beautiful gardens of Sukasada Park. Your guide will point out the old Karangasem Empire heritage building, set in the middle of a large fishpond. Designed in a European style that reflects various cultural designs, the building was used by the Karangasem king for relaxation and to host important guests. Inside, you’ll find a collection of Karangasem artifacts including photos of family kings, royal furniture and other objects.
Admire panoramic views of the lovely pond and Mt Agung on the north side before your guide transports you to the Sebetan village, well known for growing salak—commonly called snake fruit for its reddish-brown scaly skin. A stroll along the town road offers breathtaking vistas of mountains, palm trees and villages and in the distance, against a scenic backdrop of the blue ocean.
Before your last destination at Tirta Gangga, make a lunch stop at a nearby restaurant that serves Indonesian fare (own expense). Then explore the water palace of Tirta Gangga, built in 1948 by the Karangasem King of Anak. Here, tiered water fountains with stone sculptures of mythical creature’s spout water into bathing pools of the former royal palace. Spend some time enjoying great photo ops amid the park’s tranquil gardens before your guide transports you back to your hotel.
Duration: 8-9 Hours approx.
Operating Hours: From 8:00am to 16:00pm
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Please note not to wear any see-through clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a shared tour and it operates on a minimum of 2 paying adult passengers and maximum of 20 passengers per coach
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
- Lead Name
- Name of Hotel
- Contact No
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.