Unravel the secrets of authentic Balinese cuisine on this full day cooking tour in a traditional village.
Unravel the secrets of authentic Balinese cuisine on this full day cooking tour in a traditional village. Visit a bustling market to learn about unique local ingredients and receive step-by-step cooking instruction from experienced chefs in a beautiful kitchen-garden.
Depart from your hotel and embark on a gastronomic adventure through the city. Your first stop is at a local market where personal assistants help you choose the fresh ingredients, such as vegetables, herbs, meat and spices that you will use for your cooking class.
Next, visit a rice plantation and learn about the cultivation and preparation of this staple ingredient for all Balinese meals. While there, enjoy scenic views of the natural surroundings.
Continue your tour to Laplapan village, a traditional Balinese village, and be warmly welcomed by the local villagers. Learn the secret of preparing Balinese food with the ingredients you have chosen. Expert chefs are on hand to provide guidance and assistance throughout the cooking class.
Interact with your fellow cooks and discover handy techniques as you prepare three starters, four main courses and one Balinese dessert. After your informative cooking lesson, sit down and enjoy satisfying and delicious Balinese meals in addition to your culinary creation.
Next visit is at Batuan Temple, one of the Oldest Temple in Bali. As you visit of any temples in Bali, both men and women should wear a sarong, scarf or sash tied around the waist. Sarong and sash provided in Batuan Temple, and you can use that for free, as long as you visit the temple.
Operating Hours: From 7.00am – 4.00pm
Duration: 8 - 9 Hours approx.
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Goods and service tax
- Authentic Balinese cooking class
- Commentary in English
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- You must wear comfortable clothes and modestly
- You must not wear any see-trough clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Tour is not suitable for children
- Minimum age to join the tour 10 years old.
- Pick up is available from most centrally located in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area.
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a private tour. Only your group will participate
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.