Admire the beautiful sunrise from the summit of Mount Batur and experience Bali’s active volcano.
Catch the sun rising above the clouds as you climb Bali's famous Mount Batur, an active volcano part of UNESCO’s Global Geopark Network. At sunrise, the sky turns from black to inky blue to pink and orange revealing the expanse of the volcanic valley.
The sunrise trek to Mount Batur volcano is considered an essential Bali experience. The famous volcano stands at 1,717 m (5,633 ft) above sea level, overlooking spectacular scenery with views of the crater lake, black lava landscape, and the massive peak of Gunung Agung, Bali’s holiest mountain and the highest point on the island. It takes around 2 hours to reach the summit (1.5 if you're fast); the total hiking duration is usually 4 hours. Before light, we will be walking at cooler climes under an awe-inspiring blanket of stars. At the top, you’ll watch the sun come up over a sea of clouds before continuing to trek around the crater lake and summit ridge. You'll be given a hot beverage and a sandwich + egg to revive your spirits.
Travellers must be up and early to begin their trek to make it in time for the break of dawn. You will arrive at the starting point at 3:30am and will begin with a short briefing. Arriving at the top of Mt. Batur takes 1.5-2 hours (3.5km); the total distance of the trail is around 11km.
- 02:00am: Hotel pick-up (depending on place of stay)
- 03:30am: Arrive at the base
- 03:35am: Start Mount Batur hike
- 05:40am: Summit the volcano and watch the sunrise with a hot drink and breakfast
- 07:00am: Trek back to the parking lot
- 08:30am: Coffee break at the Tegalalang Rice Terrances
- 11:30am: Estimated time of arrival back to your hotel (earlier if hotel is located in Ubud)
Tour Duration: 01:45am - 11:30am (approx. 10 hours)
What You Get
- Pick-up and Drop-off at Hotel (within free pick-up area)
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Trekking Guide (English-speaking)
- All Entrance Fees (Batur Park IDR 100,000)
- Tea or Hot Chocolate
- Trekking poles/flashlights supplied (if needed)
- Drinking Water
- Additional Drinks
- Personal Expenses
- Things to bring: Camera, Trekking/Running Shoes, Jacket, Sunscreen, Small Towel, Changing Shirt
- Pick-up is available from any location within Bali. (Free pick-up from Kuta, Legian, Seminyak, Jimbaran, Sanur, Krobokan, Canggu, Nusa Dua, Ubud)
- Extra charge for pick-up from Lovina, Amed, Tulamben at IDR 150,000 per person, Candidasa at IDR 100,000 per person (Pay directly to the driver upon pick-up)
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 5 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
- You will be joined together with a small group of max. 5-8 people for this tour.
- Kindly be at your meeting point/hotel lobby (please ensure your accommodation is within our free pickup areas) at least 10 minutes before the stated meeting/pick up time. Our tour guides will only wait a maximum of 10 minutes for you before proceeding to the next stop.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the driver to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 10 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead Name
- Hotel Name
- Contact No