Cycling along secret back roads, though local villages, farms and lush green rice paddies, you will experience rural Balinese life, and witness both the friendliness of Balinese people and any ceremonies or events taking place during your trip.
Your local guide and driver will pick you up at your hotel, transferring you to our biking start point (transfer around 45mins). On arrival your experienced guide will take you through a safety briefing, provide a safety helmet, and ensure your bike is the right fit. After a quick safety ride, you will set off with your cycling guide on a 3-hour downhill adventure (times may be slightly longer dependent on weather conditions). Cycling along secret back roads, though local villages, farms and lush green rice paddies, you will experience rural Balinese life, and witness both the friendliness of Balinese people and any ceremonies or events taking place during your trip.
Stopping to sample local fruits and snacks along the way, your local guide will explain local rural Balinese lifestyles, as you drop into a Balinese home. Cycling through lush fruit and coffee farms, we stop at a coffee and spice and herb plantation. Here you will learn the ancient art of using herbs and spices in traditional Balinese medicine, as well as the cultivating the perfect cup of coffee. We continue to cycle through rural villages stopping to learn how rice is cultivated (you will have the opportunity to try this), stopping at a Balinese style temple, surrounded by colorful offerings.
We leave the bikes behind as we take a short walk to Gulingan village, Mengwi. Famous for its Balinese cooking lessons. Here you will learn the art of sumptuous Balinese cooking. Cooking up delicacies such as aromatic satay, banana leaf fish curry, lip watering aromatic rice and sumptuous spice infused vegetables, before sampling your cuisine. Its then time to say goodbye, as you transfer back to your hotel.
Duration: 7- 8 Hours approx.
Operating Hours: From 7.30am – 15.30pm
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Please note not to wear any see-through clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a shared tour and it operates on a minimum of 2 paying adult passengers and maximum of 20 passengers per coach
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
- Lead Name
- Name of Hotel
- Contact No
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.