Discover the Balinese Gamelan
Learn about the traditional sounds of Bali from the island’s native instrument, the gamelan. Join a private teacher within a quiet and beautiful village outside Ubud.
Learn about the traditional sounds of Bali from the island’s native instrument, the gamelan. Join a private teacher within a quiet and beautiful village outside Ubud. You will listen to the sounds of the gamelan and have the opportunity to try the instrument for yourself with a customized lesson by your experienced teacher.
Upon arrival at a traditional Balinese compound you will be greeted with a welcome drink and locals snacks will. Your experienced instructor will introduce you to the basics of Indonesia sounds including sharing a variety of instruments. You will also see an introductory demonstration to become familiar with the different sounds each instrument makes.
After the introduction with time to ask questions, you can choose what instrument you want to play. You will receive a personalized lesson on how to play before harmonizing together with some basic tunes.
Once your music session has finished, enjoy the opportunity to take a walk through a temple surrounding the Balinese compound or community hall. This will be a memorable experience you can treasure and return home with.
Operating Hours: From 8:30am to 12:30pm
Duration: 3 - 4 Hours approx.
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Goods and service tax
- Conversational knowledge by local instructor
- Professional and friendly local instructor and easy to understand
- Refreshment and Balinese snacks (Mineral Water, Coffee or Tea with Balinese Rice Cake).
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Please note not to wear any see-through clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a shared tour and it operates on a minimum of 2 adult passengers and maximum of 20 passengers
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 4 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.