Your local guide will pick you up at your hotel in Denpasar. Begin your half-day sightseeing tour at Puputan Square, an attractive open square located in the city center. This classic urban park draws many locals and is a great place to learn about Bali’s colonial history. You’ll find a monument depicting a heroic Balinese family in the square, which commemorates the suicidal battle of the rajas of Badung against the invading Dutch militia in 1906.
Next, head to the Bali Museum, located near the former royal palace of Denpasar. Spend 30-40 minutes exploring its collection that ranges from prehistoric finds to early 20th-century art. Four main buildings inside the museum showcases Indonesia’s rich history and cultural heritage. View displays of theatrical masks, musical instruments, sculptures, paintings and textiles. You’ll see scale models depicting ritualistic Balinese tooth filling, marriage and cremation ceremonies, which your guide will explain.
A visit to Denpasar isn’t complete without experiencing the colorful pasar (Indonesian for ‘market’), where locals sell their products and haggle over prices. Pasar Badung is Bali’s largest food market and features fruits, spices and other edible goods sourced from the entire island. After an opportunity to browse and bargain, spend approximately 1.5 hours at one of the new supermarkets—the equivalent of a department store—where food is available for purchase (own expense).
Your last stop is the Bali Art Center, a traditional Balinese building with a permanent exhibition of modern paintings and woodcarvings. Also known as Taman Budaya (Bali Culture Park), the vast complex also demonstrates traditional Balinese architecture. Your half-day tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Duration: 5 - 6 Hours approx.
Operating Hours: From 9:00am to 14:00pm
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Please note not to wear any see-through clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a shared tour and it operates on a minimum of 2 paying adult passengers and maximum of 20 passengers per coach
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Lead Name
- Name of Hotel
- Contact No
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.