View three of the most famous dances in the country. Sanghyang (Trance) Dance, Kecak (Monkey Dance) and the Fire Dance
When in Bali you simply must view three of the most famous dances in the country. Sanghyang (Trance) Dance, Kecak (Monkey Dance) and the Fire Dance are three performances that will truly make your visit to Bali more special. Taken from the Hindu epic Ramayana, the Kecak dance is perhaps the most dramatic. The dance tells the story of Prince Rama and his rescue of Princess Sita, performed with a troupe of over 50 bare-chested men who serve as the chorus.
There are dozens of different dances - all part of the fascinating Balinese cultures. This tour takes you to the village of Batubulan to see three dances.
Kecak (Monkey) Dance - Performed by a group of at least 50 men who dance in a circle around blazing bamboo torches. Possibly the most dramatic of the 3 dances, it has been taken from the Hindu epic Ramayana, the dance tells the story of Prince Rama and his rescue of Princess Sita, who has been kidnapped by the evil King of Lanka. The chorus of men, who provide the orchestral accompaniment with complex and varied chants that company their swaying movements. The only music to accompany them are the beats of their palms hitting their chests, their thighs, or other parts of their bodies, or their claps, rhythmically accompanied by shouting and chanting. Flickering torches provide lighting and an enchanting atmosphere.
Fire Dance - Where the dancer becomes entranced and is able to dance on hot coals without feeling pain. Sanghyang (Trance) Dance - Traditional performed as an exorcism to promote peace and health within the village. After the dance performances your guide will be happy to drop you at a local restaurant of your choice, close to your hotel, or back to your hotel.
Duration: 3- 4 Hours approx.
Operating Hours: From 16.00pm – 20.00pm
Tour does not operate on Nyepi Day and Balinese Seclusion Day
What You Get
- Land transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking vehicle
- English Speaking Licensed Guide service
- Entrance Fee
- Meals / beverage
- Personal expenses
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Please note not to wear any see-through clothing, shorts or athletic wear
- Children are free of charge under 2 years old
- Pick up is available in Kuta, Legian, Tuban, Sanur, Jimbaran, Tanjung Benoa and Nusa Dua area
- Please be ready and waiting at your hotel lobby 15 minutes prior to your scheduled pick-up time
- This is a shared tour and it operates on a minimum of 2 paying adult passengers and maximum of 20 passengers per coach
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before proceeding to board the vehicle.
- The driver will contact you the evening before your activity date to confirm the exact time. Please be at the lobby 15 minutes before the pick-up time provided.
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
- Lead Name
- Name of Hotel
- Contact No
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.