Go retro hipster glam on the island of Bali with an afternoon safari to some of Bali's best beaches and beach clubs, where the only hunting you'll do will be choosing the next great cocktail.
Start your Bali tour with a visit to a remote beach club on the dramatic Batubelig beach in northern Seminyak, where massive walls of waves roll in when the surf is high. Our destination has no sealed road access, so you’ll ride across the back of the beach to reach our first stop, where the menu is French-Balinese fusion and the drinks are pure tropical indulgence. We recommend the Delinger: think vodka, strawberries, and ginger sorbet. Oh yes.
Sufficiently hydrated, you’ll travel through some of the area’s nearby beach villages as you head toward the stunning 17th-century temple of Pura Batu Ngaus, a fertility temple perched on a rock in the ocean. The Balinese come here to seek medicine or fertility blessings from the mangku, or priest, and leave offerings in a most unusual way: in a blowhole in the rock that connects to the ocean via an underwater cave. This temple is far off the tourist track, feeling a world away from the crowds that swarm Bali’s more famous sites. Along the way to Pura Batu Ngaus, you’ll pass scenes of government protected rice terraces and catch glimpses of the sea and the far-off cliffs of Uluwatu, keep your camera close by for those classic Bali shots!
Thirsty again? And hungry? Good! Because up next, your Bali tour will take you to a restaurant and bar set on 6,000 square metres of lawn, overlooking the ocean. You’ll enjoy tapas and sangria at this gorgeous setting that’s part of a boutique art hotel dedicated to maintaining Balinese traditions. Sip one of three amazing sangria varieties (or try all three, we won’t judge!) while lazing about in the late afternoon sun.
Next, we leave the northern beaches behind and head south, passing by rice fields and through small streets crammed with antiques and collectibles. We cross to what was once another island, now home to a fishing village and the largest seafood market in Bali, where fishermen hunt for squid in the deep waters of the Indian Ocean. You’ll stop to watch the sunset in Jimbaran Bay, at what is possibly Bali’s best beach club. The cocktail menu here is almost as spectacular as the Bali sunset, try a vanilla margarita, Foxtrot Gimlet, or frozen apple martini.
Finish your Bali tour with a nightcap at the iconic Ku De Ta bar at Seminyak Beach, a long-standing hot spot that’s considered to be one of the best beach clubs in Southeast Asia. We recommend the espresso martini, perfect for revving you up for a night out on the town after your tour ends!
- Visit a collection of the best beaches and beach bars in all of Bali, if not all of Southeast Asia
- Sample signature cocktails made by top chefs and mixologists at luxurious seaside restaurants and resorts along the southwestern Bali coast
- Travel past stunning protected rice terraces and dramatic cliffsides that fall into the ocean perfect photo ops are everywhere!
- Visit an ancient fertility temple that stands on a remote rock in the ocean and is seldom visited by tourists
- Let your inner hipster fly by cruising around in a modified 1980 VW Kombi, complete with Wi-Fi and mini bar
Tour Start Time: 11:45hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Trained driver
- Mineral water
- Temple entrance
- Drinks and meals at bars and restaurants.
- What to bring: We suggest bringing a bathing suit with you as there are plenty of opportunities to go for a swim if you want to.
- What to wear: All bars on the itinerary, as well as the temple, require visitors to wear shirts with sleeves. Also, under Balinese Hindu beliefs, women who are menstruating are not permitted inside the temple, and your guide may ask you if you are currently in this part of your cycle. Please note that this is an acceptable question in Balinese society and is not intended as a slight against women, but rather part of the ancient belief that no blood may be spilled in the temple. However, you may walk around the outside of the temple and look in. At Pura Batu Ngaus, there is a pathway from which you can view the inside of the temple, as well as a huge rock formation that overlooks the coastline and offers the best views of anywhere in or around the temple. Please use your own discretion as to whether you should enter the temple grounds.
- Children under age 12 are not permitted to join this tour
- Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone under the age of 18. For those under the age of 18, bottled water and soft drinks are available.
- Meeting points are at the front desk of the following resorts (unless otherwise indicated):
- 10:45 at Ka Bar @ Bali Garden Resort Jl Kartika South Kuta
- 11:10 at Magani Resort Jl Melasti Legian
- 11:45 at Ku De Ta Jl Oberoi (laksmana) Seminyak
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.