Experience an enjoyable snowmobile tour on Europe's 2nd largest glacier.
Ride a snowmobile across Europe’s 2nd largest glacier, Langjökull on this day tour available directly from Reykjavik and enjoy scenery like you have never seen before!
Your snowmobiling adventure starts in Reykjavik where you will be picked up by one of our expert snowmobile guides. Our journey continues towards Langjökull, Europe’s second largest glacier and the home of our base camp. Riding the super jeep on a glacier is a fun and exciting experience. Once you reach our base camp our guides will help you gear up for an exciting 1-hour snowmobile ride. For this tour, you’ll be provided with a snowmobile suit, balaclava, gloves and a helmet. We will then go over the safety briefing and show you how to operate the snowmobile safely and confidently. When everyone is ready we will then head out to the ice cap for a fantastic adventure.
Langjökull Glacier is home to several enormous ice-filled volcanic craters, rimmed in by imposing volcanoes and set in the breathtaking Icelandic interior. The views from the flanks of Langjökull are quite incredible. In the distance rests Eiríksjökull glacier, the highest mountain in west Iceland, the dome-shaped Hofsjökull glacier, and Kerlingafjöll Mountain range. This tour is sure to create some memories with its beautiful scenery.
- Remember to bring: Thermals (top and bottom), warm socks, weatherproof top layer, headwear, gloves, scarf and hiking or snow boots
- As lunch is not provided, it is recommended you bring your own lunch and snacks
- Tour duration is approximately 8 hours in total, 1 hour on the snowmobile
- Provided: Snowmobile suit, balaclava, gloves and a helmet
- Pick-up & drop-off: This tour includes pick up & drop off in Reykjavik, please be ready for pick up at your selected pick up location. Note that the pick up can take up to 30 min
- A valid license driving license is required if you intend to operate a snowmobile
- When sharing a two-person snowmobile, only one of you needs to bring a driving license but if you both bring one, each of you can take a turn at driving
- Please send an email with your order number to indicate your preference for pick up location to email@example.com
- In your email, please provide us with the following information:
The price of the tour is for one person when sharing a two-person snowmobile. Please choose the solo ride option when booking in odd numbers. Also, if you want to ride alone on the snowmobile select the “solo on a snowmobile” option. For solo or odd number of bookings, you must book a solo snowmobile.
Tour Availability: All year
Pick up: This tour includes pick up & drop off in Reykjavik. Please be ready for pick up at your selected location. Do note that picking everyone up can take up to 30 minutes, your patience is greatly appreciated!
Choice of Pick Up Location
What You Get
- Pick-up & drop off in Reykjavik
- Snowmobile Tour
- Snowmobiling Gear
- Super Jeep Ride
- Food and Beverages
- Rental of Snowmobile boots (Optional)
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.