BLACK & BLUE - CAVING & SNORKELING TOUR
Spend the whole day beneath the surface, visit a historic lava-tube for caving and then head to Thingvellir National park to go snorkeling.
Experience Iceland from a whole new angle as you spend the whole day beneath the surface with our expert guides. In this caving and snorkelling tour, we visit a historic lava-tube for caving and then head over to Thingvellir National park to go snorkeling.
Departing on this tour from Reykjavík, we start with the black part of the tour by exploring a lava tube cave close to Reykjavík. This adventure gives you a great insight of the volcanic activities that have formed Iceland. Depending on the season we go either to Leiðarendi Cave or Gjábakkahellir, both caves are typical lava tubes that display the characterizing features that are common for this type of caves.
After we finish the caving, you will have a chance to grab some lunch between the two activities.
We will then drive to Þingvellir National Park where Silfra fissure is found. Here we get ready to explore the blue by putting on a dry suit and other snorkeling gear needed. Your guide leads you through the marvels of this crystal clear water wonderland that is considered to be one of the best freshwater snorkeling places in the world.
- Remember to bring: Warm and waterproof outdoor clothing, gloves, warm long underwear (fleece/wool), warm socks, a change of clothing (just in case)
- Wearing contact lenses is recommended when going on a snorkelling tour in Silfra as glasses don’t create a seal between your face and the mask
- Tour duration is approximately 9 hours in total
- about 1 to 1.5hrs is spent inside the lava tube cave
- 30-40 minutes will be spent swimming through the whole Silfra fissure
- Pick-up & drop-off: This tour includes pick up & drop off in Reykjavik, please be ready for pick up at your selected pick up location. Note that the pick up can take up to 30 min
- Equipment provided on the tour:
- Caving Tour: Headlight and a helmet
- Snorkeling Tour: Neoprene dry suits, hood, wet gloves, fins, mask and snorkel
- Participants need to be comfortable in the water and be able to swim independently
- You are unable to participate if you are pregnant, due to the small risk of cold water entering the suit
- Kindly note the following restrictions to participate in the snorkeling tour
- Weight limit: 45-120 kg
- Height limit: 150 cm -200 cm
- Age Limit: 12 years old minimum. Guardian’s approval needed for minors under 18.
- Please send an email with your order number to indicate your preference for pick up location to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please provide us with the following information:
Tour Availability: All year
Pick up: This tour includes pick up & drop off in Reykjavik. The pick-up time is at 08:00 hrs. Please be ready for pick up at your selected location. Do note that picking everyone up can take up to 30 minutes, your patience is greatly appreciated!
Choice of Pick Up Location
What You Get
- Pick-up & drop off in Reykjavik
- Certified PADI Dive guide/Divemaster
- English Speaking Tour Guide
- An Expert Caving Guide
- All Necessary Snorkeling & Caving Gear
- All Necessary Safety Equipment
- Silfra Admission Fee
- Hot Chocolate & Cookies
- Free WiFi on Board Your Bus
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed copy of your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.