Dresden Castle with New Green Vault: Guided Tour
Marvel at jewels, gold, ivory, and enamel items, and browse exhibits on baroque and Classicism – also access the parade rooms and throne room of Augustus II the Strong.
Masterfully restored furniture, golden-velvet wall-coverings, gaudy candlesticks, opulent mirrors, and ceiling paintings... and all that's just one of the bedrooms in Dresden Castle!
Enter the New Green Vault at the castle and see how Augustus II the Strong lived. Admire his coronation coat – it's bling, to say the least. You can also skim over 1,000 pieces of treasury art, including precious items made of gold, silver, gemstones, ivory, mother-of-pearl, coconuts, and even ostrich eggs.
- The meeting point is at Dresden Castle (Residenzschloss), by the Georgbrunnen in the small castle courtyard (meeting point B of the castle), near the entrance to the museum shop
- Your guide will be holding a sign that says 'Glanzlichter Dresdens'
- The tour starts at 13:30. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the starting time
What You Get
- Guided tour of Dresden Castle (Residenzschloss), including the small ballroom, the parade rooms of Augustus II the Strong, his throne room, and the New Green Vault inside the castle
- German-speaking guide providing some information in English, and audio guides in a variety of languages
- Individual ascend up Hausmannsturm tower for views of Elbe valley (April-October)
How to Use
- Show your smartphone ticket to the guide at the meeting point
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
Taschenberg 2, 01067, Dresden