From a culture at least 3,000 years old, Khmer is one of the oldest cuisines in the world. Siem Reap's street food has also been influenced by Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese, and French techniques to form a style and flavour profile that is uniquely Cambodian.
It’s time for an epic local food adventure. Your authentic Siem Reap evening starts off with a ride on a moto-remork, an articulated moto-rickshaw that’s commonly seen on Siem Reap’s streets. We’ll zip you through the streets, off the tourist trail and straight into local street heaven.
Your food-loving local guide will uncover hidden local street food treasures and beloved recommendations of local snacks, such as yellow bean cake or Khmer rice cake. Our food mission continues with a tasting of seasonal fruits that are grown in and around Siem Reap, like the purple kiwi fruit-like dragon fruit, mango, tiny (but sweet!) pineapple, and the stinky king of all fruit the mighty durian! You’ll also see the spices and other ingredients featured in local food, and hear about the traditional remedies and medicine.
Next, we’ll hit up a local picnic spot where stalls are set up in the early evening selling a multitude of interesting snacks. As we wander around, you might see fried tarantulas, which are usually enjoyed with a cold beer; fried crickets, which taste like potato chips; barbecued meat on skewers; Khmer Fried Chicken; green mango served with chilli and salt; ducks eggs; barbecued corn; and deliciously sweet purple mangosteen.
Hopefully you still have room for even more amazing Cambodian food, because our next stop is a local restaurant to sample some tasty local delicacies, before finishing at a dessert stall where fruit shakes, fruit with sweeten condensed milk and baked puddings are the speciality.
After dinner, you’ll have the option to return to your hotel or end our Siem Reap food tour at Pub Street a convenient spot that’s perfect for exploring local bar and café life. Alternatively, our local guide will be happy to provide some less touristy recommendations for a great night out.
- Visit a local fruit market and navigate the alleyways of a bustling market
- Explore the stalls and bright lights at Siem Reap's largest local picnic spot
- Hear insights from our local guide on Cambodian favourites, including fried cricket, red ant, and spider
- Savour the flavours of Siem Reap snacks, dinner, and dessert
- Interact with the locals in areas which see few other foreign visitors
Tour Starts Time: 17:00hrs
Duration: 3 Hours
What You Get
- Local, English speaking guide
- Transportation via moto-remork
- Khmer snacks and dinner
- Bottle of water or fruit shake or beer
- Additional food and drinks above those inclusions listed above
- Optional sightseeing after the end of the tour
- Gratuities for guide and drivers.
- What to wear: Dress respectfully for visiting in the local community. Trousers/skirt or knee length shorts and shirt/t-shirt that covers your shoulders are appropriate. Comfortable shoes or sandals suitable for walking are also recommended.
- Vegetarians can be catered for. Please inform when meeting your local guide if you have any allergies or you do not eat certain food.
- Closure of sites: In the rare event of extreme weather or other conditions such as flooding you will be contacted and given the opportunity to reschedule or cancel.
- Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Meeting Point: In front of King’s Road Angkor - a modern Khmer style market. Address: Corner of 7-Makara & Achar Sva Street, Old Market Bridge, Siem Reap, Cambodia.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.