Get to the heart of Cambodia through its food! Take a trip into the Cambodian countryside and show off your cooking skills with this hands on culinary adventure.
Always dreamed of being a Cambodian chef? This is your chance! Your Siem Reap cooking class will begin at a temple ruin in the middle of the community. We’ll take a mini tour through a local village, where you’ll get to see locals returning from the rice fields, and maybe buffalo and ox carts being led by their owners. Your local guide will tell you a bit about daily life and introduce you to some of the many fruits and vegetables that are grown locally. You’ll also see local houses and get to peek inside a kitchen (where you can imagine what it’s like to cook an entire family meal on a charcoal pot).
You’ll arrive at our lovely cooking venue (complete with charming herb garden) close to sunset. Your guide will show you some local herbs and you’ll get to collect a few to use in this evening’s dishes. Then scrub up and get ready to cook!
Your Siem Reap cooking experience is very hands on; your guide will teach you a few tricks and techniques for preparing the ingredients, but everything is done by you. You’ll prepare a starter, a main, and a dessert, as well as a cocktail or herbal tea, depending on your choice. You’ll also learn some simple presentation techniques, perfecting for impressing friends back home with your awesome talents at your next dinner party.
Before dinner is served, you’ll have time to relax in a peaceful dining pavilion, surrounded by a tropical garden. This might also be a good time to taste test a cocktail or herbal tea before settling in to enjoy your fresh, tasty Khmer creations. Our professional team will serve your dishes and you can finally savour the flavours of your labour!
Best of all, if you love what you made, we’ll help you replicate it at home, you’ll get a recipe card to take back with you.
- Get a hands on lesson in Cambodian cuisine, with tips and tricks you can take back home with you
- Indulge in a made by you 3 course meal, along with a Cambodian cocktail, served up in a pretty tropical garden
- Walk through a local village and learn about Cambodian cuisine in the Siem Reap countryside
- Start your adventure at the ruins of an ancient temple
Tour Starts Time: 16:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- English speaking local guide and chef
- Ingredients and instructions for preparing 3 dishes (one cooking station per person)
- Bottled water
- 3 course dinner accompanied by a cocktail or herbal tea
- Printed recipe card
- Transportation to and from venue
- Additional beverages (available for purchase)
- Tips and gratuities for the guide and drivers.
- What to wear: Please dress respectfully for visiting a local community. Trousers, skirts, or knee-length shorts and a shirt that covers your shoulders are appropriate. Comfortable shoes or sandals suitable for walking are also recommended.
- Conditions: Operator can accommodate vegetarians and other dietary requirements. Please inform us if you have any allergies or you do not eat certain foods and when you meet your local guide.
- Children under age 12 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Pick-up/Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Siem Reap
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.