Immerse yourself in the history of Viennese Classical music and the science of sounds at the interactive museum in the heart of the city of music. Learn everything about Mozart, Strauss and Beethoven and playfully experience music and sound phenomena.
Haus der Musik is a modern interactive experimental museum right in the heart of Vienna. It was here in the former Palais of Archduke Charles, where Otto Nicolai, the founder of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra, resided when he established the world famous orchestra in 1842. Today visitors can marvel at precious documents and mementos from the orchestra’s history at the Museum of the Vienna Philharmonic.
Further four floors are dedicated to the presentation of the fascinating world of music and sound: compose your own waltz with a throw of the dice, test your talent as a conductor and face the Vienna Philharmonic orchestra or experiment yourself with sound, noises and instruments. You can also hear your name as an original Mozart composition with the interactive Namadeus Game.
Take a journey through time into the world of the great masters of the Wiener Klassik: Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Strauss, Mahler and Schönberg- all of them are introduced in their contemporary environment on the history level through historic documents, models, costumes, modern installations and personal items. In addition to the permanent exhibition, Haus der Musik presents temporary exhibitions at the inner court yard that focus on famous musicians or special music-historical themes like the era of Viennese Modernism.
- Free admission for children under the age of 3
- Free admission for persons accompanying visitors with a visual impairment or in a wheelchair. Guide dogs are permitted. Wheelchair-accessible toilet facilities are located in the inner courtyard and on the top floor
10am to 10pm.
Haus der Musik, Seilerstätte 30, 1010 Vienna
What You Get
- App guide to download on your own smartphone in 8 languages and children´s app in 2 languages
- Map of the museum
- Coat check
- Namadeus certificate
- Food and drinks
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.