From Vienna: Sound of Movies Musical Tour to Salzburg
Join a picturesque trip from Vienna to Salzburg, the city of The Sound of Music, to discover the film's shooting locations. Combine film settings with fun facts about the real Trapp family.
Start your trip in the idyllic scenery of the Austrian Alps. Visit the famous church of Mondsee, chosen by the director of The Sound of Music as an ideal location for Maria's wedding. On the way to Salzburg, take the chance to snap great pictures of the beautiful lakes and peaks.
Enjoy the fresh air in the Hellbrunn Park, and see the famous Gazebo keeping the secret of Liesl's first kiss. See the Nonnberg nunnery, the oldest in Europe that became famous thanks to voice of Maria Kutschera, whose story served as inspiration for the Sound of Music movie. Take a stroll through the magnificent Mirabell Gardens, where Maria and the children danced around the Pegasus Fountain singing the song Do-re-mi.
See the picturesque Hourse Pond shot in the film and Residence Square's famous Residence Fountain, the most famous fountain in the city, chosen for the I Have Confidence in Me song. Take pictures of the Summer Riding School where the von Trapp family took part in the world-famous Salzburg music festival, and enjoy the silence of the oldest cemetery in Austria at the Saint Peter's Monastery, where the von Trapp family found a secure hiding place before escaping to Italy.
- Infants who do not need a separate seat participate for free
- Operated by a guide in English language only
- Depending on the group size, this tour will be conducted by minivan with a driver–guide or by bus with a licensed guide
- Please note that you will cover approximately 600 kilometers by motorway over approximately 7 hours of driving with one 30-minutes stop; you will have 40 minutes in Mondsee and 3.5 hours Salzburg, with a 2–hour combined walking tour
- Hotel pickups begin at 7:15am
- After purchase, kindly email email@example.com with the following information:
- Full names of travellers
- Order number
- Hotel pick-up location
Tour departs at 8am. Pick-ups begin at 7.15am.
Pick–up is available at hotels in central Vienna, postcodes 1010 to 1090.
Guests staying outside of this area should make their way to Tourist Information, Albertinaplatz 1, A-1010 Vienna.
Maysedergasse 2-4, 1010 Wien, Austria
What You Get
- Hotel pick-up from Vienna central postcodes 1010 to 1090
- Walking tour through Mondsee to St. Michael Church
- Photo pauses at Alpine lakes
- Visit to the Gazebo in Hellbrunn Park
- Walking tour with a professional guide in Salzburg
- Transport by air–conditioned coach or van
- Guided tour on the way from Vienna to Salzburg
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Hotel drop off
How to Use
- Kindly present a printed or mobile copy of your voucher at the location
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.