The best way to explore one of Australia’s most popular holiday destinations. Meet & view Australian wildlife at a multi-award-winning conservation park before reaching the highlight of the tour – the nightly Penguin Parade.
Departing Melbourne at around midday, we journey to the city’s most colourful attraction – the iconic Brighton Beach bathing boxes – for an opportunity to visit the beach and take some time to admire these historic landmarks.
We continue our journey through Melbourne’s bayside suburbs on the way to Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park. Here, we enjoy a guided wildlife walk where we have the opportunity to meet and hand-feed many species of native Australian animals. Learn about iconic species such as kangaroos, koalas, emus & wallabies, as well as some of our lesser known favourites including quolls, owls, bandicoots & Tasmanian devils. Included in our visit here is the spectacular “Conservation in Action” wildlife show, which showcases a number of lesser-known Australian species in a series of interactive and engaging ranger presentations.
Continuing on to Phillip Island, a visit to Point Grant and The Nobbies gives us an opportunity to enjoy views over Westernport Bay and Bass Strait, including Seal Rocks, home to Australia’s largest population of fur seals. And then it’s onwards to the main event, where just after dark every night the world’s smallest penguins waddle ashore after spending the day fishing out at sea. You’ll be truly enchanted as the stars of the show emerge from the surf and pass right before your eyes on their journey back to their homes. Your guide will ensure you are able to get the very best vantage point to enjoy the Penguin Parade. For an exclusive viewing experience, upgrade to the more personalised “Penguins Plus” viewing platform. With numbers limited to 300, you’ll enjoy special ranger interpretation in a more natural setting.
After the parade we allow plenty of time to explore the Visitor Centre before beginning our own journey back to Melbourne. With drop off right back to your inner city accommodation, you’ll remember this day as a true highlight of your Australian holiday.
*Please be advised that itinerary shown is subject to change without prior notice from the tour operator
- We suggest you dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Pack snacks and a water bottle that can be refilled throughout the day.
- In warm weather, we strongly recommend bringing sunscreen and a hat. During winter, dress warmly as coastal winds can make conditions quite cold
- Please be advised to arrive at your pickup location at least 10 minutes prior to your allocated pickup time
- No prams or strollers are permitted for the tour
- The operator is able to provide an infant seat (0-3 years old) or a child booster seat (4-8 years old) free of charge. Please note that there is only a limited number each day and they must be pre-booked. Kindly send a request to email@example.com and provide the age of your child along with your Order Number and booking details
- Download the Go West Tours App from the App Store or Google Play Store prior to your departure for access to multi-language tour commentary available in Arabic, Malay, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Mandarin, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese & Hindi
Hotel pickup timing will differ according to your accommodation
What You Get
- Full day tour with experienced guide
- All transfers and commentary
- General admisison to both Moonlit Sanctuary and the Penguin Parade
- Free onboard Wi-Fi
- Access to translation application
- Food and Beverages
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointd operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
There will be return transfers from your accommodation, or a nearby hotel