Explore the city's charms as you ride through alleyways, taste local street foods, and learn the history of central Vietnamese cuisine.
Hue, with its mix of history and modern life, is the gateway to the treasures of Vietnam’s royal past. But we’re not taking you on a stuffy history tour. Instead, we’re getting under the city’s skin (and into its stomach) aboard local cyclos with plenty of stops for local food (and a bit of history) along the way!
After meeting you guide and getting a short briefing of the tour itinerary, we’ll head out on a relaxing cyclo ride to our first stop, where a tasty banh beo (steamed rice discs topped with shrimp) and ram it (sticky rice dumplings) await. Both of these great flavours will wake up your taste buds in a traditional way as you snack alongside local people. After that, we'll head on foot to another stop to try a tasty Hue pancake.
Your Hue tour will continue with a beautiful ride across the elegant Perfume River via either Phu Xuan or Trang Tien bridge, to reach the Royal Citadel, where you’ll have a chance to try the third dish on this Hue food tour, bun bo Hue (a typical Hue beef vermicelli soup). Located by the entrance of Dong Ba gate, this place is only open at 18:30 but with over 100 kilos of vermicelli and five big broth pots per day, it serves up a lot of bowls while it is open. You'll taste just how great this bun bo Hue is. Then cool down with a cold beer from a vendor nearby.
We hope you're still hungry as we'll then head to a small local snack shop where you'll have the opportunity to prepare for yourself a typical egg rice cracker with beef or pâté on charcoal. This treat is a favourite dessert after a main meal for many locals, and this is a great place for you to indulge in a local experience and interact with the people of Hue. Your Hue street food tour ends at a local coffee house where you will be immersed in the relaxing atmosphere while sipping a lovely tea or Vietnamese salty coffee (a Hue speciality).
- Ride through the streets of Hue aboard a cyclo to experience the nightly street life of Hue
- Sample Hue's street food specialities, from sticky rice dumplings to pancakes
- Sit side by side with locals enjoying popular snacks at the end of a long day
- Learn the history and significance of dishes that make up central Vietnamese cuisine
- Taste Vietnamese salty coffee, a Hue specialty
Tour Start Time: 17:00hrs
Duration: 3 Hours
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Cyclo ride
- 5 sample dishes as per itinerary
- 1 local beer and 1 local coffee or tea
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional food and drinks
- Tips/gratuities for your guide and cyclo driver
- Closure of sites: Local street restaurants can sometimes close without notice. Should this happen, a substitute option will be offered with the same food quality and experience.
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge; however, they must share the cyclo and food with their parents.
- Dietary Notes: Please inform your local guide about any food allergies you may have. Vegetarians are welcome and can be catered for.
- Meeting Point: Hotel lobby at Park View Hotel in Hue, 09 Ngo Quyen, Vinh Ninh, Thanh pho Hue, Thua Thien Hue.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.