Experience Hue and its surroundings by bus, on foot and by boat.
Packed with temples, tombs, palaces, and pagodas, Hue is the gateway to the treasures of Vietnam's royal past and a must-stop on any itinerary. This full-day Hue city tour will take in the best of the city, from the art and architecture to the celebrated food and culture. Start your Hue city tour with a visit into the streets and wander over to the Citadel. It's within these two metre-thick and 10 kilometre-long walls that you'll find several of the city's best sites, from the many ornate pagodas to the Forbidden Purple City. Afterward, stop at a local tea house to taste some of the best Vietnamese flavoured green teas served with some authentic snacks such as sweetened lotus seeds and green bean cake.
Explore the best of it all before stopping for a vegetarian lunch in a local pagoda. Enjoy a traditional meal and have the chance to chat with the monks to learn more about Buddhism and gain an insight into their daily lives.
After lunch, our Hue tour continues with a short bus ride through the stunning surrounds, passing a village that specialises in making incense to learn about this ancient art. We will also stop at Vong Canh Hill, home to the remains of American bunkers to take photos before continuing on to one of the impressive emperor's tomb, Tu Duc Tomb.
We'll then pay a visit to Thien Mu Pagoda, a sprawling temple complex that is perched on a hill overlooking the Perfume River. After a day taking in the many sights, end it with a relaxing afternoon cruise along the Perfume River. Take in the magic of this meandering river before ending our Hue tour back in the centre of the city. Visit the colourful Dong Ba market, which will energise your senses with its sights, sounds, and smells. This is the ideal place to soak up everyday Vietnamese life, and your local guide will show you to some of the traditional foods, and introduce you to the local vendors.
- Take a walking tour of the Citadel
- Discover and taste Vietnamese traditional tea
- Relax on a boat trip along the Perfume River
- Explore the most sacred temple of Hue, the seven tiered Thien Mu Pagoda
- Enjoy a delicious vegetarian lunch in a local pagoda
- Visit the colourful local Dong Ba market
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Return transportation by car
- Meals: Vegetarian lunch at local pagoda, local tea and snack
- Boat trip along the Perfume River
- Citadel and Tu Duc Tomb entrance ticket
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Please dress to local standards with shoulders and knees covered.
- Closure of sites: From time to time Vietnamese authorities close sites temporarily with very little if any notice which will lead to alternate arrangements being made for the trips affected at late notice.
- Children under age 6 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Pick-up/Drop-off at centrally located hotels in Hue.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.