Get out of the city for a morning and go on an adventure as we explore the holy ruins of My Son, a stunning temple complex built by the Cham people over a period of 10 centuries to honour the Hindu gods.
We will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Hoi An and whisk you off through the peace and quiet of the surrounding countryside. After about an hour of driving through rural Vietnam, we will reach the historic complex of My Son.
My Son is one of Vietnam’s most important heritage sites, providing a unique insight into the lives of the Cham people who lived here over a thousand years ago. Skip the line with us and explore this atmospheric architectural ensemble before the tourist hordes arrive. We will learn about the original building techniques applied during construction and the traditional materials that were used, such as timber, brick, and stone. We will also look out for the numerous craters that were left here by American bombs from the war in the 1960s and 70s.
After exploring the ruins, we will stop for an unforgettable experience to watch the Apsara dance beside the historic temples. The ladies will give a dance demonstration to the sounds of panpipes and drums, wearing colourful traditional costumes and cone-shaped hats.
On the way back to Hoi An, we will stop at a rice paper workshop to test your culinary skills and learn how to make a delicious local snack. We will then sit back and enjoy our creations with a cup of Vietnamese coffee and engage in a friendly chat with our hosts about the rural way of life here.
We will then head back into Hoi An to drop you off at your hotel or perhaps at a local restaurant for lunch, whichever you prefer. We are always happy to give you our latest restaurant recommendations. In fact, don’t forget to ask your local guide for hints and tips on how to get the most out of your stay in glorious Hoi An.
- Explore the ancient crumbling ruins of My Son, one of Vietnam's most important historical sites
- Admire the beautifully tranquil green valleys that surround My Son
- Enjoy a traditional Apsara dance demonstration
Tour Start Time: 07:00hrs
Duration: 5 Hours
What You Get
- Snacks, water bottle and tea or coffee
- Entrance fees
- Round trip transportation
- Local English speaking guide
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for your driver and guide.
- What to wear: Please ensure your shoulders and knees are covered.
- Children under age 6 are not permitted to join this tour.
- The tour includes pick-up at hotels within an 8km radius of Hoi An city centre and includes resorts such as An Bang and Cua Dai Beach. If your hotel is further away than this, please make your way to the meeting point at 328 Nguyen Duy Hieu Street for your tour departure.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.