Travel into the heart of the Mekong Delta to explore the waterways on this full day tour from Ho Chi Minh City.
- Travel into the heart of the Mekong Delta to explore the waterways on this full day tour from Ho Chi Minh City.
- See small home-grown factories perched on the river banks, meander by boat through rivers and small creeks and explore the unique charm of delta life from the deck of a beautifully restored teak rice barge.
This morning, depart from your hotel and drive approximately two hours to Ben Tre, and a gateway to the Mekong Delta. Known also as the rice bowl of Vietnam because of its large rice production, the area has also diversified into activities related to aquaculture, rearing of animals, cash crops and fruit trees.
Start your sightseeing at a brick factory then board a small boat and meander through the canals and waterways. Stop at a small homemade coconut processing plant to see how coconuts have been turned into oil and candy. Visit a bee farm and enjoy a delicious cup of honey tea before embarking on a short rowing boat trip deeper into small canals. After the boat trip you will have a short walk to a local village to see mat weavers at work, before jumping on the deltas version of a tuk tuk and travelling down the country roads to the pier.
Here you will board the beautiful teak boat Le Jarai to continue your cruise along the river. While onboard join in the demonstration of Vietnamese cooking before sitting down to a sumptuous three-course lunch of Mekong specialities.
After lunch relax on the top deck and take in the scenery back to Ben Tre, where on arrival you will transfer back to Ho Chi Minh, arriving late in the afternoon.
- Visit the ‘rice bowl’ of Vietnam.
- See communities whose life is dictated by the Mekong river
- Small boat allows better access to small waterways
- Interact with local people in rural riverside workplaces
- Cooking demonstration on board cruise ship
Duration: 7.00 AM - 4.30 PM
What You Get
- English-Speaking Tour Guide
- Boat, Entrance fee
- Lunch Cruise
- Travel Insurance
- Services & Drinks (if not mentioned in the itinerary)
- Tips and Gratuities
- Hotel Pick-Up & Drop-Off Point at Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- This is a private tour, only your group will participate in this tour.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher to the guide to verify before boarding the vehicle
- The tour is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 3 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.