Got a spare day in Ho Chi Minh City up your sleeve? Fill it with this full day tour that covers a lot of ground.
This mesmerising full day Ho Chi Minh City walking tour gives you a fun and fascinating insight into the history, culture, and the daily life of the locals in this busy, buzzing city.
We start our HCMC tour by heading to Chinatown and wandering through the fascinating back streets near Cho Lon. This area is one of the most busy commercial districts of Ho Chi Minh City and its atmospheric streets are home to some of the city’s most interesting sites.
From there, we'll pay a visit to Thien Hau Temple, which was built in the early 19th century and dedicated to the goddess of seafarers. We delve deeper into Chinatown, visiting the amazing Cholon and Binh Tay Markets, which are full of energy and dazzling array of goods. You can stop at a local cafe for a coffee (not included) to watch the hectic pace of life pass by in Ho Chi Minh City.
Following our market visit, we will have a traditional local Vietnamese lunch, "pho" or noodle soup, and after our delicious lunch, we visit the War Remnants Museum, and check out all the major Ho Chi Minh City sights like Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral, General Post Office, and the Opera House. You'll also get to see downtown Saigon, and get a real feel for local life in the past and present.
At the end of your HCMC tour, your guide will assist you in getting a taxi back to your hotel, or will provide you with tips and suggestions if you'd like to continue exploring the area.
- Experience authentic local life in Ho Chi Minh City
- Explore ancient pagodas and beautiful colonial architecture
- Wander the lively streets of HCMC's Chinatown
- Dive into noisy markets to strike bargains with the locals
- Feast on a delicious and traditional local lunch
- See war relics at the War Remnants Museum
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Local "pho" lunch (noodle soup)
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for your guide
- What to wear: Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- Children under age 6 are not permitted to join this tour.
- Meeting Point: Front entrance of the Saigon Opera House, Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St)
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.