Mission District Food Tour
For a fresh perspective on San Francisco’s Mission District, embark on a Mission District Food Tour!
The Mission District is one of San Francisco’s most interesting and eclectic neighborhoods, where a vast range of influences combine into one unique culture. This tour not only lets you skip the lines and taste delectable delights at a number of notable establishments, it also offers some insight into how the Mission has grown into such a beloved locale.
This three-hour walking tour includes five tastings at different establishments (subject to change):
- Taqueria La Cumbre: Only the finest and freshest ingredients in every authentic Mexican taco
- Delfina Pizza: Delicious Neapolitan-inspired, thin crust pizzas
- Tartine Bakery: The best French-style bakery in San Francisco, and you get to skip the line!
- Panchita’s #2 Restaurant: Pupusas in a variety of flavors & other Latin American staples
- Craftsman and Wolves: Where the paths of food and design intersect
As you stroll from tasting to tasting, your guide points out and explains the culture, history, and landmarks of the area. You see colorful Latino markets, Diego Rivera-inspired murals, and much more! Whether you’re a visitor in town for only a few days or a born-and-raised local, you’re sure to learn something on this informative tour.
- A fair amount of walking is done for this tour (approximately 3 hours). You are strongly encouraged to dress casually and wear comfortable shoes/sneakers
- We generally recommend giving your guide between 15% to 20% of the purchase price of your tour as gratuities
- Please let us know in advance should you have any dietary restrictions. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your Order Number and Dietary Restriction. Last minute dietary changes cannot be accommodated
- Children under 5 is free of charge, unless they are participating in all the food tastings
1100hrs on Friday and Sunday
What You Get
- Food tasting at 5 different locations
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Tour gratuities
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present your voucher to the tour operator on the day of your food tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher shortly. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
The tour meets in front of the Pirate Store located at 826 Valencia Street, San Francisco 94110. It is located between 19th and 20th streets, three blocks west of Mission St. The closest BART stations are 16th St Mission or 24th St Mission