Sample the foods of the world's largest Chinatown outside Asia on a 3-hour walking tour of San Francisco's Chinatown.
Explore the largest Chinatown outside Asia on a 3-hour food tour of San Francisco's Chinatown, and discover a maze of alleys off Grant Avenue and Stockton Street, where traditional techniques that date back centuries are still practiced.
See food markets and local restaurants, with a surprise around every corner. Watch artisans making Fortune Cookies by hand, and enliven your senses with new flavors, smells, and aromas. Your guide will help you search out authentic crafts and pottery, explore exotic produce, and learn about herbs and teas from the very people who know them best. Uncover the hidden secrets that only intrepid locals know about.
As you taste and see everything from Dim Sum to fortune cookies, teas, incredible antiquities, rare and unique musical instruments, and authentic cookware, you'll know you've really experienced Chinatown. Marvel at statuettes and ritual objects that are literally thousands of years old. Visit a music center where you'll see musical instruments you've never seen before. Try different types of Dim Sum from the oldest Chinese bakery in San Francisco. Go to one of the city's oldest cathedrals, and look inside a Buddhist temple.
- We recommend that you not eat too much before the tour as the tasting portions are ample - we wouldn't want you to miss out on any of the fabulous foods!
- We generally recommend giving your guide between 15% to 20% of the purchase price of your tour as gratuities
- Please let us know in advance should you have any dietary restrictions. Please send an email to email@example.com with your Order Number and Dietary Restriction. Last minute dietary changes cannot be accommodated
- Children aged 11 and below must be accompanied by an adult
- Children aged 1 and below are free of charge
1000hrs and 1400hrs daily
What You Get
- 3-hour walking tour
- Professional guide
- Food and drink tastings
- Hotel transfers and transportation
- Personal expenses (optional)
How to Use
Please present a printed or mobile voucher on the day of your food tour.
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damage caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences are subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be provided to customers under the following circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the departure date
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of latecomers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be entertained
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon completion of purchase, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subject to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.
How to Get There
400 Grant Ave, San Francisco, CA
The corner of Bush and Grant Streets, in front of the Chinatown Gate