Your guide will collect you from where you are staying and take you to this most famous of castles. Here you will discover the many stories of one of the oldest buildings in London, and experience where some of the greatest events in English history occurred. Best of all, you will be able to admire the stunning Crown Jewels which are kept here behind extensive security in the aptly-named Jewel House.
On leaving the Tower you will travel to Westminster by scenic river cruise. Travelling by river is the most relaxing (and often most efficient) way of getting through the centre of the city. You'll pass under London and Waterloo Bridge, spy the London Eye and view Somerset House on your right-hand side. After docking at Westminster Pier under the watchful gaze of Big Ben, your guide will recommend a number of restaurants and eateries where you can have a quick or leisurely lunch.
The second half of the day will be dedicated to walking around Westminster and taking in the grandeur of Buckingham Palace. First, you will be guided around the outside of the Houses of Parliament, with a lengthy stop outside Big Ben, and learn about the political history of Parliament Square. This will be followed by an exhibition of the outside of Westminster Abbey and, if time permits, you will be able to go inside (entrance tickets not included). This is London’s royal church which has been the site of 38 coronations and was where the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton took place. Your guide will then take you on a walk up Whitehall to No. 10 Downing Street, the Prime Minister's residence, ending up at Trafalgar Square. Finally, we will walk down to take in the view of Buckingham Palace and then up and down The Mall, where jubilant crowds have historically greeted news about the royal family in this scenic tree-lined avenue.
Choose between 09:00am, 09:30am or 10:00am.
Enjoy this private London tour with min 4 in a group!
- Start with a visit to London’s castle: the Tower of London.
- See the stunning Crown Jewels. Enjoy the wonderful scenery of Central London with a relaxing cruise down the Thames.
- Stroll around Westminster and take in the stunning sights: from Big Ben, and the London Eye to the marvellous architecture of Somerset House.
- Learn about Westminster’s political history and see the outside of the Houses of Parliament.
- Look at the Prime Minister’s residence at 10 Downing Street.
- Experience the famous Trafalgar Square before wandering down The Mall to Buckingham Palace.
A choice between your hotel (if centrally located) or a recommended meeting point.