Myths, monsters, and mountains: this tour is the best way to see Scotland in a day.
Embark on a journey deep into the Highlands of Scotland on a full-day sightseeing tour. This tour is packed with bewildering beauty, and perfect if you’re short on time and want to see as much of Scotland as you can.
Depart from Edinburgh and travel past Linlithgow Palace and Stirling Castle. To the north is the National Wallace Monument, which commemorates Scotland's great hero William Wallace. You pass close to the location where William Wallace defeated the English army in 1297, and after this take a short stop for coffee at Callander.
The scenery changes dramatically as you venture further into the Highlands. The flat plains of the Lowlands transform into shimmering lochs, rugged mountains and forest-filled glens. The alluring beauty makes it easy to forget this was once a battleground of the fiercely territorial Highland clans.
You’ll then head down to Scotland's most famous valley, Glencoe, where you’ll be mesmerised by the beautiful cliff faces and steep slopes.
After Glencoe, you enter a deep glacial valley, known as the Great Glen. Passing through the town of Fort William you travel in the shadow of Britain's highest mountain, Ben Nevis, before arriving at Fort Augustus on the shore of Loch Ness.
At 23 miles long and over 700ft deep, Loch Ness is the largest loch by volume in Scotland. The loch is best known for the legendary Loch Ness Monster ("Nessie") and you can take the opportunity to go in search of the monster on a fantastic boat cruise or you can simply enjoy the beautiful scenery on the banks.
Fort Augustus boasts the Caledonian Canal, which is a great spot to relax and watch the boats sail by. You stop here for nearly 1hour 30min to give you time for lunch and time to take in the scenery around Scotland's most famous loch.
From Loch Ness, you head south through the mountains of the Cairngorms National Park. Your route travels alongside Loch Laggan (the setting for the BBC series 'Monarch of the Glen'), over the Drumochter Pass and past 13th century Blair Castle.
You continue south through the forests of Perthshire and make a short refreshment stop on the way. South of Perth, you drive past Loch Leven. Then it’s over the Queensferry Crossing before returning to Edinburgh.
- Do pack waterproof clothing and walking shoes for this tour
- Estimated tour duration: 12 hrs
- This tour will conclude in Edinburgh at approximately 20:00 hrs
- Kindly note that transportation to the tour pick-up point is not inclusive
- You are advised to arrive at the pick-up point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
- Loch Ness cruise may not be available at busy times
Tour departs 08:00 hrs, daily
Rabbie’s Café Bar,
What You Get
- Transport in a 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- Stories and services of an English-speaking driver guide
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
How to Use
- Please present a printed copy of your booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to email@example.com at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.