Step back in time and discover the legends, landscapes, and landmarks that defined Scottish history.
Envision gory battles thrashing against the grand walls of Stirling Castle. Follow the footsteps of the outlaws that hid amongst the hills of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and relieve the journeys taken by Roy and William Wallace. This is the perfect tour for anyone who wants to admire beautiful scenery and learn about the heroes, tragedies and landscapes that defined Scottish history.
Depart from Edinburgh and travel through the historic grace of Linlithgowshire. Your guide will help you spot Linlithgow palace, the birthplace of Mary Queen of Scots.
On the way to Loch Lomond you stop at the Kelpies Monument. These two horses’ heads stand as a testament to the horse power that drove the industrial development of Central Scotland.
From here you head to the shores of Loch Lomond, which is Scotland’s largest loch and is protected as Scotland’s first National Park.
This is the perfect place to enjoy a walk along the ‘bonny banks’ and take in fantastic views of the mountains. This tranquil area was once the home of Scotland’s famous highland folk hero, Rob Roy MacGregor. By spending time on the trails by the loch you’ll be walking in the footsteps of one of Scotland’s greatest legends.
You then head into the Trossachs or ‘The Highlands in Miniature’, where the Lowlands meet the Highlands. This area is stunning with its steep mountains, shimmering lochs, and thick forests.
Stop for lunch in the heart of the National Park and then continue to the city of Stirling where you can visit one of Scotland’s most magnificent castles. You can choose to take in the views from inside and understand why this castle was so instrumental in Scottish history.
From here our short journey back to Edinburgh passes the Kelpies once again before arriving back in the capital.
- Do pack waterproof clothing and walking shoes for this tour
- If you’re planning to visit Edinburgh Castle and Stirling Castle, it may be cheaper if you purchase a Historic Scotland Explorer Pass
- Estimated tour duration: 9 hrs
- This tour will conclude in Edinburgh at approximately 18:30 hrs
- Kindly note that transportation to the tour pick-up point is not inclusive
- You are advised to arrive at the pick-up point at least 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time
Tour departs 09:15 hrs, daily
Rabbie’s Café Bar,
What You Get
- Transport in a 16 seat Mercedes mini-coach
- Air conditioning as standard
- Stories and services of an English-speaking driver guide
- Entry fees to visitor attractions
How to Use
- Please present a printed copy of your booking confirmation to the tour operator on the day of the tour
Terms and Conditions
- Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received. In the event if the date selected is not available, alternative arrangements will be communicated via email.
- The tour may disembark at a different location from the initial meeting point. For disembarkation, please enquire with the tour guide on the day of tour.
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor.
- In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified before tour departure via e-mail. OR In circumstances that the tour is cancelled due to bad weather conditions, customers will be notified by the tour operator.
- Booking is required to be made 7 days prior the tour departure date.
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given.
About the Tour:
- Items not included are personal expenses during the tour (telephone, laundry, beverages etc.)
- Changi Recommends and the tour operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence.
- The e-ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion.
- The value of the e-ticket/e-voucher is in Singapore dollars.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant.
- Tour routes and schedule may be delayed/cancelled/changed without prior notice.
- Tour prices vary on seasons and weekdays/weekends, Changi Recommends reserves the right to change prices without prior notice. In the event where changes are made, the revised figures will be posted on the website.
- Tour routes subject to cancellation without prior notice due to weather conditions, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities.
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances.
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the tour date.
- 50% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
- 80% of the amount will be refunded to customers for cancellation made at least 14 days prior the tour date.
Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for cancellation made at least 7 days prior the tour date.
Please e-mail any changes to the tour dates and number of visitors to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 7 calendar days before the tour date.