Discover Hillsborough Castle's fascinating history through a 45-minute small group guided tour of the late Georgian mansion.
From grand family home to charming royal residence, Hillsborough Castle has welcomed the world and witnessed pivotal moments in history for over three hundred years. The castle is the official Northern Ireland residence of HM The Queen. It's also home to the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland since the 1970s and has played a central role in the peace-building process for 40 years.
Discover stories of celebration, entertainment, diplomacy, and negotiation as expert Explainers guide you through a 45-minute tour of Hillsborough Castle's fascinating history and stunning, newly re-presented State Rooms. This castle tour includes guided access to all the State Rooms that make up this elegant Georgian home, including the grand Throne Room, relaxing State Drawing Room, Lady Grey's Study, State Dining Room, Red Room and Stair Hall.
Explore 100 acres of beautiful gardens, also included for the whole day in your ticket, to complete a relaxing day out for the whole family.
- Guided tour: 45 Minutes
- Big bags and suitcases aren’t allowed in and there’s no storage onsite
- All visitors must go through a security check
- Last admission to the gardens one hour before closing
Summer (17 April - 31 October)
Last admission - 17:00
Winter (01 November - 27 March)
Last admission - 15:00
The Square, BT26 6AG, Belfast
What You Get
- Guided tour of the castle
- Self-guided admission to the gardens
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity fees
How to Use
- Show your smartphone ticket at the admission desk in either The Square, Hillsborough (entrance from the town) or the Weston Pavilion (entrance from the car park)
- You can enter the gardens from 09:30. Access to the castle will be only at the selected timeslot
- Make sure to arrive at the admission desk 15 minutes prior to the start of your tour (it is recommended to arrive on site 45 minutes before the starting time)
Terms and Conditions
- You can present a printed or mobile copy of the voucher/ticket for this activity
- The voucher/ticket is accepted only at authorised redemption points
- The voucher/ticket is valid only on the date and time specified
- The voucher/ticket cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion unless otherwise stated.
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of late comers/no shows, it would be considered cancellation and no refund will be given
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- Full refunds will be given to customers who have purchased the loss coverage for uncollected tickets
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.