- Skip the line with your guide and learn the history behind this impressive Istanbul museum
- See Islamic calligraphy, Turkish tiles, and rugs dating back to ancient times
- Get in-depth explanations of the museum's art, trinkets, and treasures in a great location near the Blue Mosque
The world's biggest carpet collection isn't at IKEA - it's right here at the Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum!
Tour the museum with a guide and see rare carpets, Iranian treasures, calligraphy, and more. This collection of historical artifacts and items was originally located in the soup kitchen of the Süleymaniye Mosque complex, and was subsequently moved to the somewhat more glamorous İbrahim Paşa Palace, next to the Blue Mosque.
Witness the smooth and patterned details of rare carpets from the Seljuk Empire, and imagine the wealthy folk who sprawled in luxury on the fine woven fabrics from the Iranian and Caucasian regions.
See collections of hand-written calligraphy, and get up close to imperial edicts, ancient Qurans, and other written works that put today's quick text messages to shame!
Let your guide explain the intricacies and history of the museum and former palace, and see wood, glass, ceramic and stone items by artists from historic Islamic regions. This beautiful museum close to the famed Blue Mosque is a must!
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellations
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.