Istanbul University is probably one of the oldest universities of Europe that was established by Constantine The Great.
Istanbul University is probably one of the oldest universities of Europe that was established by Constantine The Great. We begin the stroll from the Roman Forum Taurus; your guide will show you interesting parts of the Bayazit District. We will be touched by the stories of the unlucky Sultan Mustafa III. What do you know about the Byzantine Monks of the Myrelaion Monastery? Where was the square for executions in Byzantine Constantinople? Haseki is an area with amazing mosques, historical hospitals, Romanic churches, Roman remnants, and many other historical buildings. Let your guide show you this amazing historical part of Istanbul.
This is a tour to areas where the traditional Istanbul Fish Festival is organized. Up to recent times, Samatya was mostly inhabited by Armenians, who own the church of Surp Kevork (St. George), also called Sulu Monastery - which dates back to, some time, before the Ottoman conquest. The Greek orthodox have churches such as Hristos Analipsis and Haghios Menas. There is Latin churches as well. Turks have impressive mosques such as Ramazan Efendi Camii, which is Sinan’s work of art, and Koca mustafa paşa Camii, which is the former Byzantine Church of St Andrew. This tour covers many other historical places.
Tour Start Time: 09:00hrs
Duration: 8 Hours
What You Get
- Hotel Pick-up and Drop-off
- Entrance Fees
- Tour guide
- Gratuities (optional)
- Beverages during lunch
- This tour is available only on Thursdays.
- In the event of any museum closures, an alternative similar museum will be visited.
- Return time to hotel: At 05:00 p.m.
- Entry to the churches may vary at the moment of each visit.
- Child Rate: 3-6 years old
- Pick-Up/Drop-Off within Istanbul City Centre
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- The voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After puchase, kindly email the following to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 3 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.