Taste the very best of Istanbul's local snack food on this delectable food tour. Explore the Spice Bazaar and meet friendly traders who will reveal their treasure trove of local delicacies.
We start our Istanbul food tour in front of the impressive Spice Bazaar. We’ll wander the perimeter of the bazaar and taste pastirma (Turkish dried beef), local cheeses, and Turkish delight from the shops of the long-established sweet makers.
As we wander on this Istanbul markets tour, our local guide will be buying foods to sample and treats to take with us on our journey to Asia. Depending on the season, you may be sampling several different local foods, including fresh nuts, pastirma, halva, olives, traditional Turkish cheeses, and simit.
After leaving the market, we’ll take the ferry to Uskudar and enjoy a stroll along the waterfront, stopping at a local tea spot for view of the Maiden’s Tower and the Bosphorus. Enjoy tea and a Turkish delight and learn about popular foods and traditions in Turkey.
Afterwards we return by metro to the port of Eminonu, where our guide will offer recommendations for the evening or assist you with getting back to your hotel.
- Eat like a local and sample delicious Turkish cuisine from trusted street stalls while learning about Istanbul's unique food culture
- Experience the bustling markets of the Spice Bazaar and see how Turkish delight is made
- Cross continents with a ferry ride across the Bosphorus to Asia
- Take a stroll along the scenic waterfront of Uskudar
- Check out a hidden view of the Maiden's Tower while enjoying a traditional Turkish tea and Turkish delight
Tour Starts Time: 14:00hrs
What You Get
- Meals: Street stall food, snacks, traditional yogurt drink or tea
- All transports: Ferry to Uskudar
- Local English-speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips and gratuities for your local guide
- What to wear: Modest clothing, easy slip on shoes
- This is a child-friendly tour.
- Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge.
- Child Price: Age 6-11 years old
- Meeting Point: Entrance to Spice Bazaar (main entrance facing the port area marked ‘Fish Market Gate’, in Turkish ‘Balik Pazari Kapisi’)
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.