The branch of Sufic mysticism, practiced widely in contemporary Turkey, is rooted in a man called Mevlana Jalaluddin Rumi, and is famous for its Whirling Dervish Tradition, where through rotating on the left foot by crossing over it with the right, the Dervish reaches a spinning intensity, rotating to the music that musicians play close by.
As we observe them revolve with their necks out and their head leaning to the side, we sense that they are in love with their way of life. Sufism is apart from the Islamic religion because of its nature as a kind of transcendental metaphysics which accepts all religions as one and is founded upon universal and unconditional forgiveness. You can admire this fascinating ceremony by joining us for this tour where you will be taken to enjoy this 2-hour ceremony.
- Experience a Whirling Dervishes ceremony
- Learn the history of Sufism
Tour Start Time: 18:00hrs
Duration: 3 Hours
What You Get
- Professional assistance
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-6 years
- Pick-up available from both the Old City and the New City areas. If your hotel is not located in these areas, please make your way to the meeting point at Hilton Istanbul Bosphorus (hotel reception), Harbiye Mahallesi, Cumhuriyet Cd, No 50, 34367, Istanbul.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.