Step into a thrilling time warp with this tour to the Divan Yolu, which was known as the Road to the Imperial Council during the glorious times of the Ottoman Empire.
Step into a thrilling time warp with this tour to the Divan Yolu, which was known as the Road to the Imperial Council during the glorious times of the Ottoman Empire. Istanbul is a city full of magnificently preserved monuments from the many empires that have controlled it throughout history, from the elegant remains of the Byzantine Empire to the opulent ones of Ottoman times.
Way back in the Byzantine period, Divan Yolu was known as Mese Street, and it was connected to the imperial road that led from Constantinople to Rome, the capitals of the two halves of the split Roman Empire. Within Istanbul (back then, it was known as Constantinople), the Mese Street was a boulevard leading from the city centre on Seraglio Point to the Porta Aurea (Latin for "Golden Gate"), where it met the Via Ignatia, the road to Rome.
Your tour starts by a tall marble shaft called the Million. This monument marks the beginning of Divan Yolu and still stands proud to this day. As you enjoy a leisurely walk down the Divan Yolu, you will pass a variety of constructions, from the impressive mausoleums of the Ottoman sultans to some mosques of breathtaking beauty. See too, along the way, madrasas, schools, Roman forums and, of course, Byzantine monuments such as the splendid Cemberlitas (Turkish for 'the Burnt Column') or the astounding remains of the Triumphal Arch of Theodosius. All in all, walking down the Divan Yolu is like walking through the pages of a history book.
- Enjoy a leisurely walk down the Divan Yolu to discover the city
- See a variety of constructions and the impressive mausoleums
- Admire the breathtaking beauty of some mosques
- See splendid Cemberlitas and the Triumphal Arch of Theodosius
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked from the hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception between 08:00 to 08:30. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up.
- Tour ends at Findikzade Sokagi.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.