Join this tour to discover the iconic sights as well as the lesser-known gems that make Istanbul so captivating.
Turkey's capital is a beautiful city and it pays to know where to look to find its most memorable highlights. Join this tour to discover the iconic sights as well as the lesser-known gems that make Istanbul so captivating. Discover the secrets haunts of locals in Sultanahmet and explore the back streets to find the city's hidden highlights.
Start by exploring Istanbul's ancient Hippodrome and then Divanyolu, a historical thoroughfare originally mapped out by Emperor Constantine in the early 300s AD. Wander through some of the alleys of the Grand Bazaar, admiring an incredible array of goods in its 4,000 shops. We also stop by the book bazaar, where the first printed book in Turkey was sold in 1729.
We then take you to the magnificent Suleymaniye Kulliyesi, where the original Turkish baths were built as part of the mosque complex to learn all about this ritual of times gone by. Your guide will give you a local insight into Islam before whisking you off to try Turkish tea at a tea house with amazing views of the city.
Visit the small but stunning Rustem Pasa Mosque, the first octagonal mosque built by the great Ottoman architect Mimar Sinan. The interior is decorated with some of the most exquisite Iznik tiles ever produced. We finish the tour at a spice bazaar where your guide can give you some handy tips on how to make the most of your stay.
- Admire the incredible selection of goods at the Grand Bazaar
- Visit the stunning Rustem Pasa Mosque
- Learn about the Turkish bath rituals at Suleymaniye Kulliyesi
- Explore Istanbul's ancient Hippodrome
Tour Start Time: 08:30hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants from 0 to 6 years are allowed to carry for free of charge.
- Child Price: 7-11 years
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- The meeting point is at Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant, Divanyolu Caddesi Number 6, 34400, Sultanahmet, Istanbul. Use the Sultanahmet tram stop as reference. The restaurant is located on the street where the tram lines run through Sultanahmet, approximately a three-minute walk from the tram stop.
- The tour ends at the Spice Bazaar.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.