Century upon century of wisdom and learning have accumulated behind the walls of Istanbul University and this fascinating tour takes you beyond them to unearth a treasure trove of history.
Century upon century of wisdom and learning have accumulated behind the walls of Istanbul University and this fascinating tour takes you beyond them to unearth a treasure trove of history. What makes the campus so worthy of a visit in a city so filled with architectural wonders and exotic scenarios is the fact that it is one of the oldest universities in Europe. The location dates from the time of fourth-century Roman emperor Constantine the Great who made Christianity the dominant religion in the Roman Empire during his reign though the university itself traces its origins to the 14th century.
Begin this enlightening tour with a leisurely stroll, starting from the Roman Forum of Taurus. A knowledgeable guide, who will accompany you throughout the duration of the trip, will ever be telling you the intriguing tales behind the many landmarks you walk past so that you won't only take a great visual experience from this trip, you will also take bags of knowledge with you. The stories of the unlucky sultan Mustafa II will be sure to touch your heart and the fascinating tales of the Byzantine Monks of the Myrelaion Monastery. Discover, among other things, where the square for executions was in Byzantine Constantinople. Marvel at the breath-taking mosques, historical hospitals, hulking Romaic churches, ancient Roman remnants and other constructions in the fascinating Haseki area. All of the tales your guide will elegantly rhapsodise will bring life this historical part of Istanbul.
- Visit the city so filled with architectural wonders and exotic scenarios
- Leisurely stroll at the Roman Forum of Taurus
- Listen to intriguing tales behind the many landmarks through a knowledgeable guide
- Learn the fascinating tales of the Byzantine Monks of the Myrelaion Monastery
- Marvel at the breath-taking mosques, historical hospitals, hulking Romaic churches and ancient Roman remnants
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked from their hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception between 08:00 to 08:30. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up.
- Tour ends at Findikzade Sokagi.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.