Delve into the wonders of Istanbul, a magnificent city that sprawls over no less than seven hills and is spliced in the middle by the astounding Bosphorus River.
Delve into the wonders of Istanbul, a magnificent city that sprawls over no less than seven hills and is spliced in the middle by the astounding Bosphorus River. This tour covers the historical districts of the Suleymaniye area, located on the third hill of the historical peninsula. The mesmerizing Ottoman architecture is sure to leave a lasting memory with you by the end of the day.
Some of the historical marvels you will encounter are the largest mosque complex of the Ottoman Empire which, incidentally, was not precisely a small empire. Learn many curious and fascinating stories about the Ottoman Empire thanks to your guide's narratives, well-versed in the history of this country. Do you know, for instance, why the infamous sultan Suleyman was named The Magnificent? Or do you know about the Empire's greatest architect, Sinan? This fascinating trip around Suleymaniye will give an answer to all of these questions and more.
Another sultan you will hear a lot about on this day is Mehmet II, known as The Conqueror, for his precocious conquering of the city of Constantinople when he was only 21. Enjoy a stroll around the large faith complex and see an astonishing display of architecture, from Roman columns and Byzantine churches to Gothic cisterns and huge mosques. Your guide's commentaries will spring the Ottoman Empire to life in your imagination. Last but not least comes the highlight of the tour: the most colourful of Istanbul's many street bazaars, the stunning Casaba Paxar.
- Explore the most colourful of Istanbul's many street bazaars
- Visit the stunning Casaba Paxar
- Admire the mesmerizing Ottoman architecture
- Enjoy a stroll around the large faith complex
- See Roman columns, Byzantine churches, Gothic cisterns and huge mosques
- Imagine about Ottoman Empire to life through the guides commentaries
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Please dress respectfully for the mosques.
- Pick-up Service is available only in the hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked from the hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception between 08:00 to 08:30. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up. Dropped back to hotel after tour.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.