Suleymaniye Mosque is the largest imperial mosque and one of the best-known sights of Istanbul. Built on the order of Suleyman The Magnificient by the Court Architect Sinan.
Suleymaniye Mosque is the largest imperial mosque and one of the best-known sights of Istanbul. Built on the order of Suleyman The Magnificient by the Court Architect Sinan. The mosque crowns Istanbul on a hilltop dominating Golden Horn. In the garden, there are two mausoleums, Tomb of Sultan Suleyman I and his wife Hurrem Sultan (Roxelana). Outside the walls is the Tomb of Master Architect Sinan. Blue Mosque, facing Hagia Sophia, famous with its blue Iznik tiles and unique with 6 minarets, built in the name of Sultan Ahmet (the visit is not possible on Friday because of crowded noon prayer).
Hippodrome, the centre of sportive events (chariot races, athletics) and political activities of the old city. Serpentine Column, Obelisk of Theodosius and German Fountain of Wilhelm II are the monuments decorating the Hippodrome. Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum is housed in the former palace of Ibrahim Pasa, the grand vizier to Suleyman the Magnificient. Before being converted into a museum, the palace served as a prison, a home for foreign ambassadors, a clothing factory, and barracks. Today, the museum contains beautifully displayed examples, illuminated Qurans and Turkish carpets collection which is rated as one of the best in the world, and attracts serious carpet enthusiasts. Historical Ottoman Mansion presenting a rich collection of Turkish Carpets.
Afternoon visit to Yildiz Palace overlooking the Bosphorus which became the fourth administration centre of the empire following the Old Palace, Topkapi Palace and Dolmabahce Palace. You will enjoy the gorgeous colours of the flowers of the Yildiz Palace Gardens and will have the chance to experience a marvellous view of the Bosphorus through the peaceful green of this public site. Freetime for a tea break at the Sale Kiosk, former Sultan's residence from the Ottoman Period.
- Discover the largest imperia Suleymaniye Mosque
- Visit Hippodrome, the centre of sportive events and political activities
- Visit the Yildiz Palace overlooking the Bosphorus
- Experience Turkish and Islamic Arts Museum
- See Old Palace, Topkapi Palace and Dolmabahce Palace
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
What You Get
- Lunch (if selected)
- Donations to the mosque
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Topkapi Palace Museum closed on Tuesdays, visit replaced with Basilica Cistern. Blue Mosque closed on Fridays morning.
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked up from accommodation main entrance, lobby or reception between 08:00 to 08:30. Please be at the meeting point 15 min before the start of the tour. Drop-off back to the hotel after the tour
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.