Enliven the spirit deep within as you explore a world of religious tradition with a four-hour tour of the orders of Sufism in Istanbul.
Enliven the spirit deep within as you explore a world of religious tradition with a four-hour tour of the orders of Sufism in Istanbul. A rich culture marked by mysticism and the quest for the divine truth and love, the journey to the dargahs, the Sufi shrines, for a glimpse into this fascinating life. Characterized by practices which focus on self-control that enable both mental and mystical insights and the loss of self, the orders of Sufism seek to attain an ultimate goal of mystical union with God. The Sufi movement consists of fraternal orders in which leaders train and assist disciples in the mastery of Sufism's philosophical principles and ritual practices. Through this tour, you'll have the opportunity to experience Sufi practices, philosophy, and dargahs, first-hand, as you explore the multiple orders of Istanbul. As each order performs dhikr, their own unique Islamic devotional act, at various times on varying days of the week, keep in mind that the tour will be adjusted accordingly.
See the dhikr of some of the most popular orders of Istanbul, including among them the Mevleviye, Cerrahiye, Celvetiye, and Nakshibendiye. Famous and beautiful literature of the Islamic world is attributed to the Sufis and dhikr that you may witness include the writing and recitation of poetry and hymns. Another world-renowned dhikr is the fascinating whirling dervish, where believers spin gracefully while performing rituals with the hope to unite with God. A true world of mysticism and intrigue, this tour of the Sufi orders of Istanbul will leave you captivated. An unrivalled display of devotion, coupled with a magical spirituality, this tour is sure to leave a lasting impression on all your senses.
- Explore a world of the religious tradition of Sufism in Istanbul
- See most popular orders of Istanbul, the Mevleviye, Cerrahiye, Celvetiye, and Nakshibendiye
- Witness the writing and recitation of poetry and hymns
- Experience a true world of mysticism and intrigue
- Experience Sufi practices, philosophy and dargahs
Tour Start Time: 13:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to wear: Clothing that conceals the shoulders, legs and arms when visiting religious sites.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in the hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked from the hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception between 13:00 to 13:30hrs. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up. Guests will be dropped back to their hotel.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.