Take a journey through the history of Istanbul as you take a four-hour walking tour through Samatya, the traditionally Armenian district of the city.
Take a journey through the history of Istanbul as you take a four-hour walking tour through Samatya, the traditionally Armenian district of the city. Boasting a rich and vibrant culture and deep religious ties, explore the sights and sounds before you.
Walkthrough Samatya, a traditionally Armenian enclave in the sprawling city of Istanbul, Turkey. Take in the areas where the traditional Fish Festival is organized and held, before visiting many of the religious sites important to the locals. A deep-rooted religious tradition becomes apparent as you tour the Surp Kevork. Often referred to as the Sulu Monastery, this stately church with the white stone facade has been here before the Ottoman conquest.
Continue on to visit the churches of Hristos Analipsis and Haghios Menas of the Greek orthodox tradition. View the impressive Ramazan Efendi Camii mosque, a modest yet important religious centre in the district. As you journey through the sites of religious importance throughout Samatya, take in the sights and sounds of the thriving community as well. With quaint residence lined streets and markets displaying their wares, you get a feel for the people who call Samatya home.
Enjoy a lunch or a Turkish coffee and have fun people watching for a moment. Continue the tour with a stop to the former Byzantine Church of St Andrew, Kocamustafapasha Camii, before exploring other places of historical importance throughout the district. A unique exploration of the people, culture, and religion of Samatya, this walking tour is sure to fascinate you with the Armenian history of Istanbul.
- Discover the history of Istanbul walking through Samatya
- Visit the churches of Hristos Analipsis
- View the impressive Ramazan Efendi Camii mosque
- Enjoy a lunch or a Turkish coffee
- Explore the people, culture, and religion of Samatya
- Visit Surp Kevork or Sulu Monastery
- Discover Hristos Analipsis Church
- Visit Ramazan Efendi Cami Ar
Tour Start Time: 13:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to wear: Clothing that conceals the shoulders, legs and arms when visiting religious sites.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Picked from the hotel's main entrance, lobby or reception between 13:00 to 13:30. Please be ready 15 minutes before pick up. Dropped back to their hotel.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.