Discover the history of Istanbul as you enjoy a half-day tour exploring the most iconic buildings of the Old City.
Discover the history of Istanbul as you enjoy a half-day tour exploring the most iconic buildings of the Old City. Stroll through the streets of Istanbul and come across its most famous landmarks such as the Suleymaniye Mosque, the Hippodrome, The Blue Mosque, Haghia Sophia and the Grand Bazaar. See the Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent. Built by the master architect Sinan, Istanbul's largest mosque represents the power and dignity of one of the greatest Ottoman sultans. Walk through the Hippodrome, once the centre for sports and entertainment in old Constantinople, the Roman capital, it was also a very important centre for politics.
Admire the intricate beauty of the Blue Mosque. Appropriately named after the delicate designs of the Ottoman tiles which decorate the walls of the shrine, the mosque is identifiable by its' six minarets.
Contemplate the history of the Haghia Sophia Boasting the 4th largest dome in the world, this stunning building began as a Byzantine basilica built in the 6th century AD during the reign of Justinian and was an architectural innovation at the time. Converted to a mosque following the Ottoman conquest of the city, by the order of Sultan Mehmed the Conqueror in 1453, it was converted to a museum in 1935 and is a must-see' on a visit to Istanbul.
No trip to Istanbul without a visit to the Grand Bazaar. Practice your bargaining skills at this world-famous covered bazaar, where people have been trading diamonds, carpets, leather, copperware, food and perfumes for centuries. A short demonstration of Turkish rugs is included in the tour.
- Admire Istanbul's most famous landmarks
- Stroll through the Hippodrome steeped in history
- Browse the stalls at the world-famous Grand Bazaar
- View Mosque of Suleyman the Magnificent
- Visit Blue Mosque
- View Hagia Sophia Museum
Tour Start Time: 07:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-11 years
- Please be at the meeting point 15 min before the start of the tour.
- Pick-ups are available from hotels based in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazıt and Taksim. Outside the areas of pick-up service is unavailable.
- Drop-off back at Hotels
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to email@example.com:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.