Steep yourself in the multi-layered history and cultures of Istanbul with this fascinating tour of the city's Blue Mosque area.
Steep yourself in the multi-layered history and cultures of Istanbul with this fascinating tour of the city's Blue Mosque area. Bursting with extraordinary buildings and stunning views at every turn, it lies at the heart of the city and is an essential destination for any visitor.
Thracians, Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans and modern-day Turks have all left their mark on this small part of the planet where Europe meets Asia, and this four-hour tour is the ideal way to tease apart some of the traces they have bequeathed us. Visit the extraordinary Hagia Sofia, one of the city's must-see attractions. Famous for its massive dome, it was first a cathedral, then a mosque and finally a museum. Widely considered to be the epitome of Byzantine architecture, it was for almost a thousand years the largest cathedral in the world.
Wander through lovely Sogukcesme Street, a tranquil, pedestrianised tree-lined thoroughfare with wooden, two and three-storey Ottoman houses dating back to the 19th century. This charming place is further enhanced by the tinkling fountain located towards one end.
Other highlights of the tour include the Cafer Agha Medrese, designed by the great architect Mimar Sinan and now a centre for Turkish calligraphy and crafts, the Baths of Haseki Sultan and the House of Justinian. Make history come alive in the company of a knowledgeable guide with this absorbing journey into Istanbul's past.
- Visit Hagia Sofia
- Explore Cafer Agha Medrese
- Visit Baths of Haseki Sultan
- Visit the House of Justinian
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up service is available only in a hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and TAKSIM areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start of the tour
- The tour ends at Sultanahmet Square.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.