Immerse yourself in the fascinating Jewish quarter of Istanbul with this fabulous guided tour of all the key historical sites.
Immerse yourself in the fascinating Jewish quarter of Istanbul with this fabulous guided tour of all the key historical sites. Highlights of the tour include visits to synagogues and the Jewish Museum.
Istanbul has had a vibrant Jewish community for more than 1,000 years. After the Turkish conquest of the city, Sultan Mehmet II deliberately fostered immigration to enable the city to be repopulated, and over half a million Jews who had been persecuted in Spain and Portugal were encouraged to establish themselves within the boundaries of the Ottoman Empire. In Istanbul, the new immigrants settled mostly near Galata a quarter on the northern bank of the Golden Horn where a Jewish community had existed since the early days of the Ottoman era. This tour will enable you to discover Galata at first hand by taking you through its colourful and lively streets, steeped in Jewish history and culture. During the walk, you will visit synagogues, the Jewish Museum, Jewish apartments and hear about the amazing story of Abraham Kamondo and other aspects of Jewish heritage.
- Discover colourful and lively streets of Galata
- Learn about Jewish history and culture
- Visit synagogues, the Jewish Museum and Jewish apartments
- Hear about the amazing story of Abraham Kamondo and other aspects of Jewish heritage
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 4 Hours
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.