Join a local Turkish family for a meal in the heart of Istanbul.
Join a local Turkish family for a meal in the heart of Istanbul. What better way can there be for getting an insight into the intricacies of social customs than by joining the locals in the most common yet special of situations, eating. This cultural tour also teaches you the secrets of backgammon, invites you to a national beverage in a teahouse, to enjoy a water pipe and more.
Begin by enjoying the warmth and comfort of a home-cooked meal with a local family at the famous Sultanahmet Square. Turkish hospitality is renowned throughout the world and here you get the chance of experiencing it first-hand. As you tuck in, you will have a bilingual translator with you so that you can communicate with the hosts. Natter with the family and find out more about what it is like to live in Turkey.
After that pleasurable experience, head back to the road to explore the fascinating backstreets. In them, you come across many picturesque wooden houses. Make your way towards a popular local hangout where you can enjoy some breath-taking views of the Marmara Sea. Make yourself at home, find a spot to watch the football game or strike up a conversation with the locals. You can even learn to play backgammon, Turkey's favourite pastime that is, after drinking tea and smoking water pipes, both of which you will also get the chance to taste. This tour will give you a much better insight into the everyday life of Turkish folks than any book or museum.
- Enjoying the warmth and comfort of a home-cooked meal
- Experience Turkish hospitality
- Explore the fascinating backstreets and picturesque wooden houses
- Enjoy a national beverage in a teahouse and smoking water pipe
- Enjoy breath-taking views of the Marmara Sea
- Learn to play backgammon, Turkey's favourite pastime
Tour Start Time: 18:00hrs
Duration: 3.5 Hours
What You Get
- What to wear: Slip-on shoes, modest clothing, clothing that covers your shoulders and knees.
- Infants 0-6 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 7-11 years
- Turkish people do not wear shoes within the home so we suggest easy slip-on shoes be worn. Please be aware that the standard of dress throughout Turkey is conservative. Please note that short shorts for both men and women are not acceptable nor are tank or singlet tops.
- Guests meeting point is at Pudding Shop Lale Restaurant, Divanyolu, Caddesi, No 6, 34400, Sultanahmet. The restaurant is located on the street where the tram lines run through Sultanahmet, approximately a 3-minute walk from the Sultanahmet tram stop.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.