Take the plunge into Istanbul's Grand Bazaar, one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the world.
Take the plunge into Istanbul's Grand Bazaar, one of the oldest and largest covered markets in the world. In the company of your expert guide, you will explore some of the 61 covered streets and over 3,000 shops, and soak up the atmosphere of this pulsating, exotic place. Dating all the way back to the 15th century, the Grand Bazaar has been catering to the daily needs of local residents for generations and now sells a greater range of products than ever if not everything under the sun then not far short. Whether you're after a hookah, clothes, jewellery, carpets or antiques, the chances are you'll find it in what surely ranks as one of the world's unbeatable retail therapy experiences.
The practical benefit of being accompanied by a guide comes from local knowledge and expertise: is your Turkish rug authentic and handmade? Is the antiquity you are thinking of buying genuine and is it legal to be taken out of Turkey? Is the jewellery you have your eye on made with real gems and to the highest standard? On all these questions your helpful guide will be able to advise you, as well as handling the tricky business of negotiating a fair price. Depending on your interests and tastes you will be taken to the most reputable leather shop, the fairest antique's emporium, the jewellery seller with the reputation for the highest quality or the finest place for kilims and carpets. Shopaholics have a treat in store at the Grand Bazaar, one of the world's great shopping experiences.
- Experience Istanbul's Grand Bazaar, one of the oldest and largest covered markets
- Explore some of the 61 covered streets and over 3,000 shops
- Discover hookah, clothes, jewellery, carpets or antiques
- Experience the world's unbeatable retail therapy
- Visit the reputable leather shop, the fairest antique's emporium and the jewellery seller
Tour Start Time: 08:00hrs
Duration: 5 Hours
What You Get
- What to bring: The voucher and valid photo ID.
- Infants 0-2 years carried free of charge.
- Child Price: 3-7 years
- Pick-up Service is available only in the hotel located in Sultanahmet, Aksaray, Sirkeci, Beyazt and Taksim areas. Outside these areas pick-up service is unavailable.
- Topkapi Palace Museum is closed on Tuesdays. It will be replaced with the Chora Museum. Caferaga Medrese and Blue Mosque will switch places on Fridays.
How To Use
- Present either a printed or mobile voucher for this activity
- This voucher is only valid on the date and time specified
How To Buy
- After purchase, kindly email the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Terms and Conditions
- Changi Recommends and the appointed operator will not be responsible for any accidents, loss of property or damaged caused by individual negligence
- The e-ticket/e-voucher cannot be exchanged for cash or used on more than one occasion
- Any alteration(s) on the e-ticket/e-voucher will not be accepted by Changi Recommends and the appointed merchant
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances that affects tour departure or ticket/voucher invalidity, customers will be notified and be advised accordingly
- Tours/Experiences subject to cancellation without prior notice due to unforeseen circumstances, and (or) when there is an official request from the authorities
- Refunds will be given to customers under these circumstances:
- No refunds will be entertained for cancellation made 6 days or less prior the departure date
- There will be no refunds even if included items are not utilised by the visitor
- In the event of late comers/no show, it would be considered as cancellation and no refund will be given
- All amendments are subject to availability
- Additional charges may apply for amendments
Upon purchase of the ticket, you will receive an email confirmation with e-ticket/e-voucher within two days. Tours and tickets are subjected to availability and are not confirmed until a second confirmation email is received.